Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Valley Creek 4/14/07

Fished Valley from 11:30am to around 7pm. I started out about 100 yards below the Metal Bridge where I saw some surface activity. I thought I was hallucinating when I first saw trout rising, especially considering it wasn't that warm out yet and the water was so cold. I had to crawl to get into casting range and I basically ended up kneeling for an hour or so to cast to these fish. I saw several Little Black stoneflies in the air and skittering on the water so I tied on a size 18# green stimulator, and got several hits but wasn't able to set the hook. I switched over to a 18# BWO parachute but didn't get any hits so I switched to midges and started getting hits again but still couldn't set the hook. These fish continued to rise until some kids came along and stood over the bank, spooking the entire pool. Ohh well.

Then worked my way upstream of the bridge and caught a 10-11" brown on a 18# green stimulator. The fish was beautiful and fought me for a long time, so much fun. I stayed in this pool for a while and tried to get some of his friends to hit my flies but didn't get any takers.

Overall, I saw a ton of fish and alot of bug activity with midges, BWOs, LBS, and some large orange mayflies (couldn't ID them).

Posted on: 2007/4/15 18:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com