Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Upper Pine Creek Tioga County 6/4/13

From NC PA Mountains
Fished Pine in the morning(8-9:30am) at Rexford. No trout rising but caught 3 on dries.
Went back at around 8:15pm until 9:15pm & the place was nuts! Fish rising everywhere. March Browns, sulphurs, green drakes, caddis, stoneflies. Caught everything on a March brown duck butt dun. Fish on just about every cast.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 8:18

Re: Upper Pine Creek Tioga County 6/4/13

From Ephrata, PA
Ohhhhhhh snizap!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to get up there. This may be epic for my buddys' first fly fishing trip!

How are the small streams fishing, Brad? Still too cold? The only time I'll have later next week to fish will be the small streams around my cabin in the early AM (9 Mile, Lyman, etc.)

Posted on: 2013/6/5 14:06

From wellsboro
I fished Lyman Run in the late afternoon yesterday it was low and clear. Caught a nice brookie and some dinks, but it was tough.

Headed to Pine at the Gaines canoe launch and landed a few browns on a Green drake. Saw a lot of smallies rising, small ones, and caught or lost every trout I saw rise. Water was warm, saw several dead trout. Did not see a ton of fish.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:15

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

reds wrote:
I fished Lyman Run in the late afternoon yesterday it was low and clear. Caught a nice brookie and some dinks, but it was tough.

Headed to Pine at the Gaines canoe launch and landed a few browns on a Green drake. Saw a lot of smallies rising, small ones, and caught or lost every trout I saw rise. Water was warm, saw several dead trout. Did not see a ton of fish.

???? What was the temperature of the water? Because down in Rexford the water was fine in the morning & evening.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:39

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Ohhhhhhh snizap!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to get up there. This may be epic for my buddys' first fly fishing trip!

How are the small streams fishing, Brad? Still too cold? The only time I'll have later next week to fish will be the small streams around my cabin in the early AM (9 Mile, Lyman, etc.)

Haven't fished any small streams lately. Temps are fine. Another shot of rain tomorrow should be good for all of the streams!

Posted on: 2013/6/5 16:44

From wellsboro
Brad,

No thermometer it is on the bottom of the Davidson River somewhere. Water felt like bathtub. Several dead fish could have been the result of poor fisherman and warming water.

I would imagine close to inch and a half of rain tomorrow and Friday will affect all streams differently, somewhere will be ideal.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com