Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tulpehocken Creek Berks County 12-8-13

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Wild bows suprise me, a bit. I suppose occasionally a stocked bow may be successful at reproducing in Cacoosing. Probably would not represent a stable population by any stretch of the imagination.

Browns don't surprise me at all. I've caught numbers of wild browns from Cacoosing down.

Posted on: 12/11 13:01

From Ephrata, PA
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Sas,
Regarding the Tully, it never crossed my mind that you might intentionally be stirring the pot. Your comment was innocent enough, but by its nature and with the stream's past history I had to speak up quickly in order to keep that subject from reeling its ugly head again.

By the way, we have occasionally recovered a wild RT fingerling or two in that general stretch of the stream (Cacoosing Ck downstream to the Rt 222 bridge). Likewise for a few brown trout fings as well.

Mike

Gotcha!

I know that they're upstream of the dam, but that's no surprise to anybody.

Posted on: 12/11 13:13

From Sinking Spring, PA
There are RT reproducing in Plumb Creek also. I'm sure some of them make their way down into the Tully.

Posted on: 12/11 14:42

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Sas,
Regarding the Tully, it never crossed my mind that you might intentionally be stirring the pot. Your comment was innocent enough, but by its nature and with the stream's past history I had to speak up quickly in order to keep that subject from reeling its ugly head again.

By the way, we have occasionally recovered a wild RT fingerling or two in that general stretch of the stream (Cacoosing Ck downstream to the Rt 222 bridge). Likewise for a few brown trout fings as well.

Mike

Hey Mike, have you ever thought about trying the RT fingerling program again in the Tully? LOL.

In all seriousness, and certainly not starting that conversation again, what was the average annual fingerling stocking back in the day. I thought it was like 6 kazillion billion, but recently overheard someone say "a few thousand". Wasn't it between 10,000 - 15,000?

Posted on: 12/11 14:44

The DH Area typically received 6000 RT and 4000 to 6000 BT. The greater or lesser numbers of BT never seemed to make much of a difference. RT typically survived much better and predominated in the fishery.

Posted on: 12/11 19:28

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
P.S. for eunanhendron. That little shallow run under the blue herons beak. Yeah, I recognize it. It's much shallower than the pool but I've caught my share of fish right there, specially early in the year before any hatches start up. Aside from the current break where Cacoosing and the Tully meet, it's one of the better spots of the hole.

Later in the year I avoid the paper mill like the plague. Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded. :)

Posted on: 12/12 10:15

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com