Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tulpehocken, Berks Co., 11-25-12

From Philadelphia
Today i took myself you fishing as my wife and daughter are overseas for a couple weeks.
Drove about an hour to the stream stopping by the TCO Reading to get some supplies, you know, because it was close by the river and I 'needed' some fly tying materials and a few leaders.
Got to the stream. The thermometer in the car read 39F and the guy in the store reckoned the water would be about 40F

Tackled up my 3wt CT, which i had picked up in the recent clymb deal. Man,that little rod is something else. A pleasure to cast, light and responsive in the hand. At 7'6 it was just right for this stream. I wish now i'd picked up a 5 or 6 wt too when they were on offer. There was gusty wind today and that little rod punched my WF3F right across the stream with nice tight loops. Gold head fly and everything.

First fly was my Sparkle Ghost Bugger - Get some tied up!
3rd cast, fish on

I took a photo of him, revived him and sent him on his merry way again.
Resized Image

Working down the short riffle at Papermill Road for about 45 mins with the fly and no other fish. Changed to another of my creations, the Royal Coachman nymph, and slowly stepping down stream, lost my balance -KERPLUNK.

Luckily the water wasnt deep, but it sure as all hell was cold. Had my wading belt on nice and tight, so very little water down the waders. Hands and lower arms were drenched, and with the cold air temp i had to call it a day after a hour or so of fishing. I wish i'd brought some spare clothes with me though, cause i was pumped for fishing, especially after catching the little guy.

So, at 33 years old, i've decided to add a wading staff to my arsenal and probably a PFD too while i'm at it. To be honest, this little dunk has been a while coming as i've had a few near misses in the past.

Other than the dunking, it was an enjoyable hour of fishing.

Posted on: 2012/11/25 18:34

Edited by Fishidiot on 2012/11/25 20:44:46

Re: Tully 11-25-12

From Philadelphia
In the same stream for the same reason, I got my wading staff during the Black Friday sales at the age of 31!

Posted on: 2012/11/25 19:15

Re: Tulpehocken, Berks Co., 11-25-12

From Northwest PA
I was there with a buddy of mine saturday...fell TWICE...luckily i brought along some spare clothes but after the second i had to call it a day...i have felt bottom boot waders too so i was a little steamed about falling but its very rocky and slippery on that stream...just have to respect it more i guess

Posted on: 2012/11/26 8:19

From Ephrata, PA
Yeah dude.....I took a spill on the Tully. Nice work. Its a rite of passage haha!

You were casting a 3 weight on a windy day across the Tully!? NICE WORK! I used my 3wt there on several occassions, but it was really windy this weekend.

Next time you go down, hit me up. I can be on the Tully in 20 minutes.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 16:20

From Philadelphia
will do.

Those little CT's are the bees knees. Def need to pic up a 5 wt before they sell out.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 16:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com