Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tailwaters of Tulpehoken at Blue Marsh

We decided to fish this stretch due to the big rains the day before which would not affect these waters. The decision was a good one; conditions were perfect. Gerry the 'Stream Vacuum' and Freddie 'The Prince' fished just downsteam of the Rebers bridge and I started just upstream of bridge. In short order they started hammering fish on bead head pheasant tails; hares ears and princes. Fish were splashing all around them. I did not get a hit; and politely asked them if I could fish across from them. They said ok and I generated quite a wake getting into position. Now I was into fish, finishing with 5 while Fred and Gerry eash released 20 or so. Fishing tiger midges were hot. Our fun was cut short when the ranger appeared on bridge to inform us that they were releaseing from Blue Marsh and we had 20 minutes before wading was out of the question; and he was right. Only managed to get 3 hours in but some nice fish were caught by all..Gerry with a nice 19-20 inch brown. A few 15 inch fish were released. The commission said they will be bigger. Just wish the release didn't occur when it did.

Posted on: 2007/3/6 13:38

Re: Tailwaters of Tulpehoken at Blue Marsh

From Bozeman
Tis the season for zebra and tiger midges on the tully. I love it.

any idea how long the release is due to go on?

Also, what size PTs were working well?

I'm thinkin about making a run up there soon if the flows are down.

Posted on: 2007/3/6 13:46

JayL

Tiger midges (NOT)...zebra midges were hot. According to the ranger he said 1 week on the release. We always go to USGS Water Resources to check real time stream flows to give us an idea on conditions. Size of nymph didn't matter; we fished 12's down to small zebras...as long as it had a bead head or flash back they ate it.

Posted on: 2007/3/6 17:03

From Bozeman
Thanks. I'll check it before I head out there.

Posted on: 2007/3/7 9:36

From West Chester, PA
So, I guess it appears that they stocked, and by the sounds of things threw all the buckets right the bridge. Congrats on a nice day out - they likely would have eaten anything though...

Posted on: 2007/3/7 9:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com