Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spruce Creek (George Harvey Section), Huntington Co., 09/13/2013

From SW PA (Pittsburgh Area)
Fished this tonight from about 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM, at the recommendation of the nice gentleman at the Spruce Creek Outfitters. I just felt like fishing somewhere and made the 2 hour trip out there without a plan. There were about 10 cars at the Tyrone pull-off of the Little J, so I remembered SCO and figured I'd stop in since some people on here highly recommended him.

Air temps per my car were 65 degrees when I started, and stream temp was around low to mid 60's per my thermometer, taken both when I started and about an hour in. I was the only person there.

I didn't see much hatching, so I didn't really pay much attention to the bug life. Lifted a few rocks up and mostly very small snails attached.

I landed 4 smaller browns, about hand sized, and I had 3 nicer fish on but didn't land, primarily using an olive gold bead pheasant tail, size 16.

Also for anyone that hasn't fished here, it's catch-and-release, all-tackle, barb-less hooks only, and there's a pull-off section for easy access. Can't quite tell where the project ends, but I need to find a map of the boundaries the next time I head up there. I fished from the main entrance up to the long stretch of frog-water and guessing access ends at that house after the frog-water??

Posted on: 2013/9/13 22:20

Re: Spruce Creek (George Harvey Section), Huntington Co., 09/13/2013
From Monessen, PA
There is a chain at the lower limit. The upper limit is above the main split about where the first house is. I never fish above that riffle below the house.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 10:50

-- Leo Tolstoy

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com