Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring Creek 11-2-13

From Hunker
After the storm that blew threw SWPA I decided to make the trip out to state college to fish spring creek with my new Orvis Superfine. I arrived around 11am with a very light drizzle and cloudy skies, water was low and clear and around 53-56. As I started fishing a nice pool from the bank with a greenie weenie setup, I wasn't haven't any luck at all. I tried the next pool and no luck, and the next the same. I put on my polarized glasses and saw that there were no fish in the pools, but were literally hugging the banks in inches of water, so yep, I was standing on the fish. I recalled reading a book by Dan Shields about Spring Creek how in the fall he would throw greenie weenies at the banks and catch trout after trout. Well, that's exactly what I did, and I caught alot of fish my biggest brown around 14" that came out of a hollowed tree stump, and when I released him, he bolted right back into his little home. A few olives and caddis were spotted, but no risers that I saw. Saw quite a few redds as well and a couple giant browns chasing other intruding browns away from their redds, but I just bypassed the ones on the redds and left them be. Stopped down at fishermans paradise for the first time in 3 years and it was about the same, although like usual there was about 5 fly anglers. I did the same technique with the weenie and got 5 more browns in and hour. Never changed to another fly the entire time. That's until I got to Logan Branch with the last hour of daylight I tried new water and seen alot of fish some around the 15"+ mark. Tried a dry, nymph and a bugger which they flipped me the bird cause it had a bead head on it.

Posted on: 2013/11/3 23:42
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com