Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring Creek, Centre County - 5/3/2012
Webmaster
I hit Spring Creek in the afternoon 2-6. My daughter was heading home from school and naturally glad to go up and bring her back. While waiting for her I endured some more time on Spring Creek.

Water seemed like a normal level and good coloring. I understood a big thunderstorm rolled through the night before and dumped a lot of rain. Stream looked great. The day started off pretty warm at about 84 degrees and quickly turned breezy and cloudy. Another big storm rolled through north of my location at about 4:30 and chased me off the stream. Rain never really hit us had and moved back on for some fishing fo another hour.

Seem like the nymph fishing was working best...for some. I was certainly struggling with this. Finally after the storm blew past more fish started rising. First it seemed like it was some small something or other size #42. Couldn't catch a darn thing, but then at about 6:00 #16 sulphurs started to emerge and the day was saved.

Since when is it ok to jump into a hole 15 yards away from someone you don't know when there is nobody around 250 yards in either direction. I am friendly, but geez it is a big stream.

Pictures soon

Posted on: 2012/5/4 7:32

Edited by dkile on 2012/5/4 12:54:40

Re: Spring Creek, Centre County - May 3, 2012

From Richfield, PA
Quote:

dkile wrote:

Since when is it ok to jump into a hole 15 yards away from someone you don't know when there is nobody around 250 yards in either direction. I am friendly, but geez it is a big stream.

Pictures soon

That is so the truth. Happens everywhere you go unfortunetly. I suppose when I was first starting to fish, and clueless, I did the same thing and didn't realize the issue. Now when it happens to me I just finish where I was fishing and move far enough ahead of the other person so as not to see him again.

I'm heading up today. Thanks for the report.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 8:30
Ephesians 4:32-"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you"

http://www.paundercurrent.com/
http://paundercurrent.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring Creek, Centre County - 5/3/2012

From pittsburgh
i think im headding up that way sunday

Posted on: 2012/5/4 18:05

-me

From Pittsburgh
Dave -

Funny thing. I was fishing spring creek last week. And I guy tromped right in to the pool I was fishng - like 20 feet away or so. I gave him an ahem - and he turned to me and said that there was plenty of room for both of us. Yeah right!
But the fish were rising so well there, that I just kept fishing - and caught a lot. And never saw this guy even hook one. Guess he got his due.
Wonder if it was the same guy? I was fishing just downstream of the fish commission lot with the handicap platform

Posted on: 2012/5/4 23:48

From pittsburgh
im pretty sure i seen a few sulphurs on spring creek today but nothing was prolific fish were rising on and off all day taking midges , caddis flies mainly olive for me , even caught a few on a sulphur dry and a few on the wing knot emergers

Posted on: 2012/5/6 21:19

-me

From York, PA
dkile,
This is where you have to put some plastic vampire teeth in your mouth and look at the guy fishing next to you. If you stare at him ....... I'm pretty sure that he will take off in a hurry!

Posted on: 2012/5/6 23:50

Webmaster
Thinking of wearing a hat that says "If you can read this, than you're too close!"

Posted on: 2012/5/7 11:54

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
do that up here and they most likely will dissapear for good.....the good ole' boys are not taking any crap from people, guess the gas industry brought it on.......heard about a canoe getting swamped because they floated into a pool a local was fishing instead of going behind him they setup to fly fish in front of him...

Posted on: 2012/5/7 12:11

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Southeastern Pa
can we seriously make those hat's? with a PAFF logo on the front?

Posted on: 2012/5/7 19:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com