Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: South Branch Coduros Creek, York County?, 3/9/2014

From Glen Rock, PA
I am not sure about the whole situation either. It's possible they stocked the wrong section, because this section has never been on the list for opening day, only 4/15. unusual because it has been stocked as long as I can remember. I was hoping they would still stock without being on the list. the two guys said they were driving by and made a special point to come down and confront me. I don't think they were aware of all the year round regs. They were telling me I could fish up centerville creek because it's not stocked. After we went back and fourth a little, I said something along the lines of agree to disagree I'm not knowingly breaking any laws. tried to shake his hand but he wouldn't even do that, so he must have really thought he was right. I also noticed that Maurice said the year round section ends at grainery rd bridge. As clear as I can see pfbc website says it extends all the way to seven valleys. Somewhere else I looked said grainery I think.

Posted on: 3/28 21:57

From Dallastown, PA
Its Granery Road D-Rock. Likely the Ike (Isaac Walton League) did a preseason stocking along the South Branch and decided to do that stretch too... They (the Ike)know you can fish it now and when the state stocks it. There is a sophisticated coordination within Southern York County between The Co-ops and the F&BC WCO to get all the points covered and rules/laws are pointed out and discussed. This particular one was brought to their attention a few years ago that stocking it would allow fishing before opening day with no harvest. Although some local hilljacks may not know. You were in the right.

Guys who buy licenses wishing to club five fish on opening day don't know the rules. It is insane how oblivious people are to the fishing regulation and even species of fish.

Today I spent the day talking to anglers about their catches along the North Branch of Muddy while we slung burgers and dogs and chili. Not a lot of catching, alot of bitching buy those not catching about crowds, those who caught limits said it wasn't crowded. Most were having a great time. Afterward I met my bro at Blymire with a few people he had just met through a business acquaintance. They had three fish on the grill in foil. While BS'ing about how crappy the fishing was at Cherry St Ext, I asked what species of fish they caught, they said all browns, I said they don't stock browns here were they wild, They said what? I said streambred....red spots. any red spots? They said yeah some had them. When revealed from the foil they all had yellow spots, Brookies. I gave them the low down on the crik, the survey results, reproduction potential, stocking, why there are no more lunker trout stocked there. this was all new to them.

IN addition, a VERY popular PUBLIC park downstream is now CLOSED to traffic. Over a mile of the number one public trout water in the York Area is now "not a drive along and fish" stream. All over township maintenance issues. With its habitat restoration throughout wild trout numbers have skyrocketed and with the reduced and surely future reduction to almost nothing will allow the wild trout to flourish. This section will go Class A within the next year. Should the F&BC survey it. Then it will go off the stocking list.

Its really hilarious, The township don't want to maintain it, can't afford to I guess cuz their building burnt down over the winter...The parks said close it, The F&BC says walk in and fish and their very own laws are gonna take this stretch off the stocking list in the coming years if they have the courage to survey it. As I said its is the closest public stocking point to York City and a large segment of license buyers. Everyone is "doing their job" and doesn't realize what the result will be. I am thrilled! Wait til the locals find out...as I said it will be a couple years but I am getting a Class A handed to me five mins from the house with no road access over pigheaded government agency bureaucracy.

And now, the Road Closed signs are up and there is no indication that fishing is permitted on a walk in basis. Its a cluster F&@$. And nobody cares to clear it up. They have no idea what they are creating. They better get that road open and let the gut hookers in before they are prohibited from stocking under their own rules. Along with the Ike who also stocks there. It should prove to be good fodder over the coming years.

Posted on: 3/29 18:09

I smell a dare, maybe even a double dare.

Posted on: 3/29 22:13

From Dallastown, PA
A double dog dare...the cu de gra of dares.

Posted on: 3/29 22:42

From South Lebanon Township, PA
In a slight breach of etiquette I'm going to skip the triple dare and go straight for the throat with a triple dog dare.

Posted on: 3/30 8:57

From Monessen, PA
"I'll go off the board , Wink. Fly Fishing Etiquette for $500."

Posted on: 3/30 9:11

-- Leo Tolstoy

From glen rock, pa
Too clear some of the questions up about this section of stream. The state stocking program stocks further down stream seen valleys bridge up too Schaffer church rd not a huge section of creek. The regulated area with you guys are talking about is open year round 360 without keeping anything that section is from grainy rd the white concrete bridge at the sawmill up to glen rock at Centerville near the handicap van building. There are a few feeder streams which are now considered trout spawning grounds that flow in to that section. Someone also mentioned that the creek isn't class A because it has poor runnoff, but in recent years it has gotten a lot better. I have been fishing way above glen rock almost too railroad and through new freedom since i was a little kid and have caught some stream breed brookies which was unheard of a few years ago. There is also a lot of property that you can't get to the stream or even know there is a stream there behind bon air country club which my parents farm backs up too which also hold very large browns in the fall which obviously have traveled miles to spawn.

Posted on: 4/1 22:15

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com