Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

South Branch Codorus Creek, York County, 04/21/2013

From glen rock, pa
Only two hour fishing window from 12-2 on the codorus ended up landing 22 native trout(2-8") all on one parachute sulfer patern. Water was clear even with all the rain we got and the fish must be really presured in the deep holes because every trout was in 6" or less of water. A lot of foot traffic even after the rain Friday night.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 6:22

Edited by Maurice on 2013/4/22 20:32:55

Re: South Branch Codorus Creek, York County, 04/21/2013

From York County
Awesome burn buddy ! Awesome!

Pics from mobile phone / GPS tracking device or it never happened.

Actually,....

Please don't. Just tell us u did ok, OK ?

Glad you had a good day,

Jake

Posted on: 2013/4/24 10:47

From York County
Nice little stream there. Im sure being local played a part in being able to measure your success. Finding trout in numbers there takes some work or luck or just moving upstream when you start catching bass lol.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 11:52

From glen rock, pa
I'll take you out one day

Actually..

I probably won't lol

But further up stream the water gets cooler and not a silty muddy mess. And as far as being local knowing the stream very well helps in finding fish

Posted on: 2013/4/24 12:12

Just a technical note: Brown trout are not "natives." In Pa., only brook trout rightfully carry that moniker. If you were catching wild brown trout, which are common in the South Branch, then it would be clever to say you were catching non-natives.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 12:30

From York County
So do you have clicker for keeping score or do you measure in inches mostly?

I tend to lose count after ..... "Hey I got one!"

See what I mean ?

Von native trouts....ah ah ah. Two native trouts....ah ah ah.

Lol.

Twenty two wild, Native American Brown Speckled Trouts.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 12:36

From York County
Dear dryflyklesse,

My apologies, what I meant to say is it's great to see someone having such great success on the S. Branch Codorus.

I have fished there several times in the past few years and my success was not so great as yours. I do find it to be a nice small stream in its middle to upper resches with a mix of bass, redeyes, sunnies and small wild trout here and there.

You see, I am a grouchy bastard and my fishbone is connected to my alcohol bone. My alcohol bone (ankle) is connected to a bracelet, which is connected to the courthouse. So I cannot fish for a while and I am having resentments that someone is out one of my local fishing waters having moar fun than I can imagine feeshing and stuff.

So its not you its me, so we all agree, catch one. Two....three.

Uppa Murphy style,

Jake

Posted on: 2013/4/24 13:04

From Glen Rock, PA
Where about were you fishing?

Posted on: 2013/4/24 23:46

From glen rock, pa
Well there jake once you get your non-fishing anklet off pm me and we can go to the creek and catch some of these "wild Native American speckled golden brownbow trouts" otherwise known as the brown trout.

And as far as knowing how many I got I used to take notes of holes fish caught time of day and what they were caught on. I thought it would help me improve year to year which was a total fail because hatches are never the same time every year. However this trip just ended up being the best day so far this year and after 6 I decided to keep track, but the numbers aren't important the fact that my single parachute I used never broke off! Then I dropped it at the truck of course.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 6:16

From York County
I've got issues lately. Bad year for me.

I need a snickers,
Im not going anywhere for a while.

Trout envy, amoung other things.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 12:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com