HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Slippery Rock Creek, Lawrence County, 08/03/2010

From NE OH
Quote:

David wrote:
I hit lake aurthur for an hour and SRC for 2 hours yday morn/ afternoon. They were hitting in the shade. Got a nice bucket in the lake, but sun got bright quickly. More shade and fish on SRC. Mostly used poppers, but took one smallie on a big streamer. they're there, for sure. Good luck...let us know how you do.

Thanks, my plan is the big streamer route. I'll hit the shaded areas. Hopefully blasting a big streamer around all of those big boulders in SRC will get some moving.

Posted on: 2010/8/28 18:13

So; has anybody been doin any good with the smallies lately? Is it me or does it seem as though the bite is a little better on a waning moon cycle? I did well today for the first time in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have a little insight as to how the weather/temps affect these guys this time of year?

Posted on: 2010/9/12 21:51

From Mechanicsburg, PA
Smallies normally hit more the hotter it gets. They have to eat to keep up with their metabolism. On streams with low oxyegon rates though like the Susquehanna it really put them in a funk. The cooler temperatures has really turned them on around here. Another outstanding day yesterday. The water temps have now been in their best comfort zone 68 - 74. SRC sounds like a great smallmouth stream. These fish are going to start eating good from here on out. They are getting ready to start moving towards their fall and winter haunts. I can tell a few fish have moved in to an area that was weak all summer but is truly outstanding in the fall.

Posted on: 2010/9/13 8:36

With the rustbelt chrome getting all of the attention has anybody been out on SRC lately or know how the smallies act this time of year? I've been out of town for work a lot lately, and archery season as well.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 15:02

From harlansburg
by now the smallies are probably hunkered down low. I've fished it before this time of year(it's 1/2 mile from home) and it seems like there isn't a fish in the stream, maybe a lone holdover trout here and there.
the neshannock usually offers a better option IMHO.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 7:43

From Cranberry Twp, PA
I agree with bikerfish. Neshannock looks great by the way. My friend and I went up yesterday for a short visit. We didn't catch anything, but the water color and depth were pretty good.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 17:53

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com