Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Shermans Creek

From Harrisburg
Was in for a big surprise when we saw about 200 cars on Shermans near where we were camping. Sure enough it was a kids rodeo that the adults could fish at after twelve. Tried to fish some of the lesser spots but there was just NOTHING going on or coming off with everybody fishing/wading through it untill the kids rodeo ended. Had 3 chasers and that was it.
Fortunatly there was a little freestone near our camp and though I only caught 4 natives I was again surprised that they were all legal with one going 8 1/2 and saw one probably 9 or over. Heard alot of turkey and saw their scratches and heard alot of grouse pounding their feathers. Not record breaking fishing but weather included it sure was a nice mini-getaway.

Posted on: 2007/4/22 10:03

Re: Shermans Creek

From Hatfield, Pa.
Squaretail,
Welcome to Perry County. It's a shame you didn't venture over to the Big Buffalo, between the March Browns(wet nad dry) and Hendrickson’s I had a couple good outings this weekend. Also since they stocked Sherman’s and the Little Juniata creek there was very little pressure except for a couple flyfishers.

Tight lines
Bob

Posted on: 2007/4/23 6:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com