Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Shermans Creek - Perry County - 9/14/13

From Harrisburg
Fished out around Shermans dale from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Air temperature rose slightly from 58 to 64 degrees under overcast skies. Didn't take a water temperature but my guesstimate was low-mid 60's. The stream was very low and about as clear as Shermans Creek can be.

Nothing much going on but it was primarily a prospecting and training exercise. I spent most of time trying to get my girlfriend her first smallmouth bass. She and I succeeded too, with a nice 15" er on a Rapala Skitt'r'pop.

I landed a 9" dink on a yellow popper and LDR'ed a couple others on the same fly. There really wasn't much going on and the fish were far from aggressive though we both missed a few. A little more water and the first hard frost will definitely pep the fish up.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/9/14 15:20
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

Re: Shermans Creek - Perry County - 9/14/13
From Gettysburg
Shermans has treated me pretty well this year.

Saw a bald eagle there last month.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 19:01

From Harrisburg
Dear Fishidiot,

The eagle was there today too. He took 2 fish out a couple holes upstream from us.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/9/14 20:10
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

Is the Carson Long dam still private property? Used to have unbelievable days there a few years back.

Posted on: 2013/9/19 11:12

From MidAtlantic
Try the Juniata at Mt. Union. The smallmouths are cracking

Posted on: 2013/9/24 11:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com