Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ridley Creek, FFO Section, Delaware County, 04/19/14

Sorry this is late, but I decided to share. I took my girlfriend fly fishing last Saturday and pulled up to the FFO section of Ridley and immediately regretted it. The hoards were out but we got lucky and found a parking space. There were people fishing every decent spot but we managed to start fishing right in front of the parking lot underneath the tree with a million flies stuck in it. I didn'thave high hopes and figured the fish had been pressured and spooked all day. After a 2 minute refresher course on tight line nymphing for my girlfriend she caught one on the second cast. We worked our way up stream into the riffles and we both caught some more. The trout were taking green caddis larva and frenchies with different colored collars. After about an hour we both had caught fish, but she caught an unreasonable amount for a newbie. She ended up beating me 9-5 and most of the other men fishing had the same disgusted look on their faces as me.

Lots of trout in that section maybe they restocked? We caught browns, rainbows and even some pretty brookies. After we ran out of space to fish, since a guy fished down stream in front of us right to where we were, we went to a different section of stream. The final tally was 10-7 her. It took me several seasons to ever cath double digits, but I put on my happy face and preteneded like I hadn't tried my hardest to beat her. It was a pretty nice day of fishing!

Posted on: 4/23 7:59

Re: Ridley Creek, FFO Section, Delaware County, 04/19/14

From Chester, MD
Hi All,

I used to live in Media a long time ago. I used to have my wife drop me off at Rose tree road where this stream came across. I would sneak in and stay low so no one would see me fishing. You would not believe how good the fishing is up stream from Rose Tree road this time of year.

Enjoy

Posted on: 4/24 9:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com