Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ridley Creek, Delaware county 5/4/14

From Philadelphia, PA
One of my first times venturing out of the fly section. Fished the open section with a friend and made out well with high sticking through deep fast water. Snagged a few in shallow riffles. Good mix of rainbows and brookies. Saw one or two risers but nymphing was working well. Ran into Van_cleaver on a good stretch. Nice fella. He caught three while just chattin with me and I hooked another one right after that.

Creek was clear and good level...tho nearly double what it usually is. I imagine these good runs will disappear once levels fall.

Posted on: 5/4 23:28

Re: Ridley Creek, Delaware county 5/4/14

From Media, PA
Nice meeting you as well. Yes some of those runs will dwindle considerably, and the trout will tend to be in the fast water and few deep pools. I got a couple of browns in the mix as well as the brookies and rainbows mentioned. The fish seem to be pretty well spread out, and feisty for the most part. I caught trout in at least eight different locations in a few hours; an excellent sign since many of those spots are ignored by the stringer crowd.

Posted on: 5/5 0:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com