Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Penn's Creek Centre/Union Counties/ 6/21-6/23

From Southeast Pa
Fished the Catch and release section Friday and Saturday nights as well as Sunday morning . Water temp was in the upper 60's according to some folks at the fly shop. Friday- Started around 6 pm and fished until dark. Rising fish everywhere but could not catch them. There were few bugs visible on the water so I tried everything with no success. My buddies caught a few nymphing but nothing of size. Saturday -Went to the Feathered Hook and a young guy told us that everyone was having trouble figuring out what they're sipping. He told us that they were size 20 Blue Quills and spinners. We started at about 4:15 and fished until dark. Very few rising fish until in it was almost too dark to see. My buddy missed several on the Blue Quill and we each picked up a 16 incher nymphing with Green Caddis Pupa and a size 18 WD40 emerger tied off the bend of a Pheasant Tail. I also caught an 11 incher on the caddis pupa. Sunday- 6-11 Started out nymphing with a pheasant tail and caddis pupa. Caught a nice fat 13 incher fishing pocket water and lost another. At about 8:30 I saw a few fish rising at the tail of a large pool. I quickly picked up a 16 and 17 inch brown on a size 20 Blue Quill. Thanks to the Feathered Hook . Sun started hitting the water and they stopped rising by 9:15. Lost a nice fish nymphing after that but it really slowed down so I started on my 3 hour drive home at 11:30. Overall a good time at Penn's . Fishing was tough as it usually is but that is why this wonderful stream is so rewarding. By far my favorite place in Pa. I plan on going back in October when the temps come down and water level is back up.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 9:02

Re: Penn's Creek Centre/Union Counties/ 6/21-6/23

From South Jersey
Hit Penns the 6/15 -16. It was off color but not too high.

Did well on nymphs. Caught a memorable fish (top photo). Then on my way home hit Allenbery and did well including my first Palomino (bottom).

Starting a new business this year, so this was my first weekend fishing. It was great to be out on Father's Day, fishing my dad's favorite streams. He was with me in spirit.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/6/25 17:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com