Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Muncy Creek, Lycoming County, 4/26/14

From Benton, PA
Muncy Creek: Picture Rocks
Morning showers to afternoon sun/wind
Air Temp: 71F
Water Temp: 53F
Bugs: little black stoneflies, Quill Gordon, Spring Blue Quill, caddis larvae, unknown larvae, midge with red legs/black body, gnats, houseflies, waterskippers
Water Quality: ultra-clear
Water Depth: 3-6 feet

1730: Decided to stop in to take some pictures of the rocks. Wind was blowing too hard for this amateur to toss a line.
Resized Image

Resized Image

1745: Bagged a Quill Gordon (size 16), Spring Blue Quill (size 16), and a caddis larvae cocoon of some kind. They're crawling against the current by the hundreds. Also, couldn't catch a fly with no tail, black body, red legs. Is it a midge?
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Also, found some little larvae that is attached to the rocks by the THOUSANDS. They made their cocoons out of sand, and are about as big as a size 24 hook. What are they? Midges?

Posted on: 4/27 11:31

Re: Muncy Creek, Lycoming County, 4/26/14

I also fished Muncy yesterday 4/27. In the DHALO area, I think. Only saw one sign. Fished from bridge upstream of Tivoli to Tivoli. Threw streamers all day. Not one fish or even a follow. Watched one area for over an hour and saw no activity. Many bugs were coming off, but nothing was rising. I saw 6 other guys and only one reported hooking up.

Posted on: 4/28 11:43

Re: Muncy Creek, Lycoming County, 4/26/14

From Benton, PA
Quote:

byf wrote:
I also fished Muncy yesterday 4/27. In the DHALO area, I think. Only saw one sign. Fished from bridge upstream of Tivoli to Tivoli. Threw streamers all day. Not one fish or even a follow. Watched one area for over an hour and saw no activity. Many bugs were coming off, but nothing was rising. I saw 6 other guys and only one reported hooking up.

Muncy Creek gets heavy pressure from baiters. I'm fairly certain it might have been fished out.

Posted on: 4/28 13:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com