Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Muddy Creek, York County, 5/15/2011
Webmaster
Well ventured out with Maurice to Muddy Creek Sunday afternoon. Warm and sunny when we arrived at about 2:30. Air temp was about 75 and water was at 63.1 (said Maurice's meat thermometer). There were some strong showers in the area the night before, but the water was only a little off color and at perfect levels.

Things looked good for us to take on the assault for the rest of the day. I was planning for a sulfur hatch and my arsenal ready for battle.

We took to the top section of the project and split the cars for the walk down. We started swinging streamers and buggers. We caught some attention right away, but seemed to miss a few.

No real bugs in the air so we kept downstream with streamers. We did some exploring and caught a few small ones. All in all we were catching a variety of fish: browns, brook, rainbow, smallie, and others. (video posting tonight)

We kept moving downstream knocked into a few more and then noticed a few dark clouds and I heard distant trucks. Maurice checked the radar on his phone and found a small passing storm. We kept moving on deep into middle of the project.

The storm then upon us. Checked the radar again: small and moving fast past us. Well then the lightening gods unleashed hell. By all indications from the radar five more minutes and then we even saw a little sun light.

It kept raining. I tried to fish, but ran back to the bank like a little girl after more lightening kept on pounding us. Maurice just laughed at me. It was now getting dark and after catching a few more fish and dodging a lot more lightening we packed it in. Maurice smacked several wet branches into my face as we walked back in over the land (2 miles) to the truck in the dark and pouring rain. I thought Lewis and Clark would been proud of us idiots.

Back at the truck we checked the radar again...looks like we may have forgotten to hit the refresh button on the cell phone app. We had been looking at last weeks storm the whole time. The storm we were actually in was of course full of deep purples and huge.

Fun time as always with Maurice. Caught some fish and came out alive.

Attach file:

jpg  muddycreek.jpg (118.57 KB)
1_4dd14a88c3d58.jpg 640X476 px

Posted on: 2011/5/16 11:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com