Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Little Lehigh Creek, Lehigh Co., 12/31/10

In the wading section it is the practice of those who don't know the stream to wade where they should be fishing and visa versa. Wading is not really necessary in most of the FFO section, and this will create a lot of angler frustration among other things. Just my .02C

Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:20

From SE Pa.
Next thing you know they will allow skimming rocks in the stream !!!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:33

From Lehigh Valley
Well, certainly the sky isn't falling. This stretch of waters is still C&R FFO. That alone will draw more flyfishers than if it wasn't. However, there IS much more traffic in this stretch than even areas just downstream that are under those regs, and far more traffic than the upper fly stretch.

Why have the no wading regs been changed? Obviously, it's done a nice job of providing something that people want. The number of anglers there is all the proof you need to see. Why mess with a proven good thing?

Not getting a response from Mike is almost as telling as if we got a reply.Two of the most obvious reasons that I could see would be uniformity of regulations, and decreased workload on enforcement of the no wading rule. Anything else would be a surprise, and something I think we'd all like to learn.

The uniformity of regs argument is weak. The people down there pretty much police it themselves. I've never heard of anyone being cited in the last 30 years for a wading violation. This is a paper tiger.

As far as decreased workload on enforcing this rule:
How many of you have seen our WCO there? I have - 3 times. This isn't a problem area, especially regarding wading violations. Never was. Poaching, and fishing with bait are far more prevelant. When you find empty worm containers on the banks of the regs waters, it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Seems odd that this change was made within a few weeks of Rod's departure - while the cats away...

Posted on: 2011/1/8 20:47

Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Well, certainly the sky isn't falling. This stretch of waters is still C&R FFO. That alone will draw more flyfishers than if it wasn't. However, there IS much more traffic in this stretch than even areas just downstream that are under those regs, and far more traffic than the upper fly stretch.

Why have the no wading regs been changed? Obviously, it's done a nice job of providing something that people want. The number of anglers there is all the proof you need to see. Why mess with a proven good thing?

Not getting a response from Mike is almost as telling as if we got a reply.Two of the most obvious reasons that I could see would be uniformity of regulations, and decreased workload on enforcement of the no wading rule. Anything else would be a surprise, and something I think we'd all like to learn.

The uniformity of regs argument is weak. The people down there pretty much police it themselves. I've never heard of anyone being cited in the last 30 years for a wading violation. This is a paper tiger.

As far as decreased workload on enforcing this rule:
How many of you have seen our WCO there? I have - 3 times. This isn't a problem area, especially regarding wading violations. Never was. Poaching, and fishing with bait are far more prevelant. When you find empty worm containers on the banks of the regs waters, it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Seems odd that this change was made within a few weeks of Rod's departure - while the cats away...

Does Rod have that kinda pull with the PFBC to have been able to stop them?

The heritage section was always packed anyway. Maybe this will force people to spread out. If fly fisherman today had some etiquette you wouldn't have to worry about the wading issue. I was taught when I was younger that you spent 20 min or so in a hole and then you moved. Give the other guy below or above you a shot. Nowadays people camp out in holes all day(which is extremely GAY, if you ask me).

Posted on: 2011/1/8 21:30

From lancaster county
Still waiting to hear the reason why.
The thing I find funny about it is it seems the majority of FF that frequent that area do not like the change. Its a FFO area. I guess even in "our" own special reg areas, "we" have no say in how they should be regulated.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 21:40

Quote:

Not getting a response from Mike is almost as telling as if we got a reply.

As I type this, it's only been 24 hours since he posted his message on the topic. That's not very long.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 21:58

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Quote:

Not getting a response from Mike is almost as telling as if we got a reply.

As I type this, it's only been 24 hours since he posted his message on the topic. That's not very long.

Just drawing a line in the sand...

As far as Rod having "influence" : the no wading signs were removed at least once before - when the regs were changed from Heritage Angling to C&R FFO. I felt so "homeless"

I seem to recall Rod organizing something, and/or pleading his case to the Parks Department. The no wading signs went back up. If there was a reason why the signs were put back up - making the area different from other C&R FFO areas - why was it important enough for the PFBC to do so then, and what has changed?

Posted on: 2011/1/8 22:32

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Is there any information about the no wading at Spring?

Posted on: 2011/1/9 2:04

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
wading permitted ? now I can bring the throw net down next year..

Posted on: 2011/1/9 7:33

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Harrisburg
Quote:
The thing I find funny about it is it seems the majority of FF that frequent that area do not like the change. Its a FFO area. I guess even in "our" own special reg areas, "we" have no say in how they should be regulated.

Aint that somethin'.

Maybe not a great place, but certainly a very special place that couldnt possibly benefit in any way, shape, or form from the change that I can see.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 9:23

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Squaretail wrote:

Aint that somethin'.

Maybe not a great place, but certainly a very special place that couldnt possibly benefit in any way, shape, or form from the change that I can see.

I wouldn't go that far. Possible benefits include uniformity of regulation, establishment of riparian buffer, apparently decrease pressure. I am not saying any of those are great reasons but there could be benefits. Of course it is easy to shoot each of those arguments down. Uniformity - was it a problem? Riparian - ummm the parks mow to the edge in a ton of other areas - start there. Decrease pressure - counter to PFBC's desire for utilization.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 14:03

From Greensburg, PA
H.A. How does that guy at the bottom of your posts keep missing the hookset?

Posted on: 2011/1/9 15:18

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

tomgamber wrote:
H.A. How does that guy at the bottom of your posts keep missing the hookset?

That's what he gets for not using a leader.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 16:22

FFO areas aren't just for Fly Anglers, though that is the method you must use, we don't own the water. One would think that PFBC asked the parks dept. But maybe they didn't. Anywa I wish the darn parks dept would stop doing stuff without having a pln in place. All the work they've done along the LL has done nothing but cause more issues particularly bank erosion and widing of the stream.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 16:42

From lancaster county
Quote:
FFO areas aren't just for Fly Anglers, though that is the method you must use, we don't own the water. One would think that PFBC asked the parks dept. But maybe they didn't. Anywa I wish the darn parks dept would stop doing stuff without having a pln in place. All the work they've done along the LL has done nothing but cause more issues particularly bank erosion and widing of the stream.

Explain this cause that is confusing.

FFO areas aren't just for fly anglers? That I agree with but when it comes to fishing regulations, I think its pretty clear that the ones most affected are fly anglers.

Of course we dont own the water, neither does the PFBC.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 17:11

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com