Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Little Juniata-Late May 2006

I have not posted much on this new site and wanted to share a memorable fishing experience that I had on the Little Juniata River this past May.

It was an overcast afternoon, about 1:30 pm with a few sprinkles of rain yet with moderate temperatures in the low 60 degree range. I had only planned on scouting out the stream in advance of the ROFF crews' arrival the following weekend. I parked my car and walked down to the stream and witnessed dozens of fish rising consistently to ingest insects from the surface. I observed yellow craneflies and sulfurs in the air, Oh Yeah! I ran to my car and grabbed my flyrod, wading jacket, Igloo cooler of ice and Jack Daniels, coffee mug, and flies and hastily returned to my observation point along the river. There was a large boulder protruding about ten feet out into the river so I did not even have to put my waders on. I jumped onto that boulder and proceeded to set up for what would turn out to be a 50+ fish afternoon.

I started out standing on that boulder and casting a two fly rig of sulfur dry with a sulfur nymph dropper. I only caught one on the dropper and about ten or so on the dry so I cut-off the dropper. Fish were rising all around me, my knees were beginning to hurt from standing on this hard boulder and Jack Daniels was beginning to talk to me... so I sat down on the boulder and just roll casted to the rising fish for the next couple of hours. I pulled in fish after fish to the point that it was no longer a challenge. There were guys from a fly fishing club on the other side of the river, that had been watching me, that yelled out to me "Wow, you really have that roll cast down!". Yes, I did on that day. I am hoping for the same next year. Merry Christmas to all and wishing you all a great year of fishing in 2007!

Miro Slovnik

Posted on: 2006/12/17 20:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com