Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lititz Run, 3/14/2007

From Hollidaysburg (originally Lititz)
I fished Lititz Run from 10-1. Water was mostly clear and cold and air temp was about 65. I managed to hook 8 or 9 and brought 4 or 5 to hand. A few smaller browns, a nice rainbow, and one 12 inch wild (stream-bred) rainbow. Two of the fish that got off were larger rainbows. The only two flies I tried were a wooly bugger and a san juan worm. It was a very nice day to get out for a few hours. A year ago, almost to date, I fished Lititz Run and only caught one, but it turned out to be a 24 inch rainbow. Lititz Run is certainly a good stream, but its tricky during the summer and early fall. It would be nice to see more of the stream placed under catch and release regulations.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 14:23

Re: Lititz Run, 3/14/2007

Can you give a little more detail about where on Lititz Run you fished? I work in Lancaster and I never knew that this creek was a decent trout holder. Thanks.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 15:36

Re: Lititz Run, 3/14/2007

From Hollidaysburg (originally Lititz)
In particular, I fish the catch & release section along Creek Road and I fish a good portion of the open water. The catch & release is fairly well know and has many large rainbows and browns; during the summer months, fishing is very difficult due to heavy fishing pressure, low water, and few hatches. The late fall through early spring is often much better. Riparian Park, just outside Lititz, is heavily stocked during the spring and early summer; however fishing pressure is heavy and most fish are kept rather than released (open water). Early in the season, the fish get sick of seeing worms and powerbait, and I often have success with wooly buggers or nymphs at the park. During May and June there are several caddis hatches, lots of midges, and occasionally some light sulphurs and PED hatches at the park. Scuds and sow bugs are prevalent also. A few days after a stocking last summer I caught 16 trout out of the same whole in a matter of 45 minutes. The first 11 were on the same #16 BH pheasant tail and the other 5 were on a wooly bugger. The hardest part about fishing the park early in the season is dealing with the crowds.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 16:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com