Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Letort Spring Run, Cumberland County, 9/7/2013

From Hunker
Letort Spring Run 9-7-13. Around 10:30am I arrived to lower letort. I started out throwing a Harvey beetle sz16 and was able to hook up into 2 nice browns of average size. I nipped off my beetle, put on my cress bug and headed toward my favorite hole near shady lane. After a few drifts I put on my polarized glasses for the sun was really bright. I'm glad I did, because now I could see a big brown deep on the bottom looking for trouble. I gave my pitch upstream at an angle, but I lost sight of my cress bug, at that moment I saw the big brute swim over a few inches and take something and at that moment I set the hook and he was on.... For 2 seconds and he got off.. My guess is that he was around 16-17 inches. After that I went downstream near middlesex and started throwing terrstrials again, but this time I put a on a Crowe beetle size 16. I slowly worked upstream and saw a few risers. The first one I got on the second cast, which was alittle 7incher. I approached a really nice bend in the stream where I saw about 5-6 rising fish. I started at the first one and hooked quickly into another beautiful brown of about 9-10inches. Again I had to change my fly because everytime a trout took that Crowe beetle, it pretty much destroys it, but I don't mind tying them. Quickly I got another sz16 on, and this cast was dead on at the bank and about 12 inches out, all of a sudden a huge brown that I didn't even see, swam over and took the fly without any hesitation. I was stunned that such a large trout was rising, for the one I was aiming at was only a 10-12incher. After a quick battle my 5x tippet held fine, I released a beauty brown of about 17-18inches. My biggest Letort Brown on a dry fly! After that it was time for lunch then the Breeches for some terretrial fishing and an evening white fly hatch.

Posted on: 2013/9/8 23:57

Edited by JackM on 2013/9/9 14:14:55

Re: 9-7-13 Letort Spring Run / Cumberland County

From Banshee
Is the White hatch still on at the Breeches?

Posted on: 2013/9/9 13:17

Re: Letort Spring Run, Cumberland County, 9/7/2013

From Hunker
Ya, they were hatching pretty good still.

Posted on: 2013/9/9 14:40
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com