Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Letort/Big Spring Cumberland Cty/ 11-13-13

From Hunker
11-13-13 LeTort/ Big Spring
I pulled into Big Spring (Ditch) under windy conditions and around 40degrees at 10:30am Didn't see to many fish out feeding but I tryed a DH scud sz18 and was able to get 1 small Brookie. Water temp was 51 and below the ditch in the riffles a nice olive hatch Sz 20 was hatching but only saw one fish In that section. At 11:30 I went to the Letort and fished the upper section. Saw a few trout, Water temp was 51-52 degrees. I fished for about 2 hours and swung my little olive bugger through the deeper holes, missed one and when I got to the bridge I cast a few times and on my final cast I let my streamer dead drift the whole way through with a tight line and then saw a wake with a sharp tug on my line and I was on to a good fish. Turned out to be a 16" Brown that made my day. I walked downstream through Quarry and saw rising fish for a change. Olives were hatching in good numbers and they seemed to be a bit larger than usual, about a 18 maybe even a 16, I even saw a couple Sulfurs hatching. No caddis.

Posted on: 2013/11/13 16:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com