Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Laurel Hill Creek, Somerset County, 6/16/13

From Pgh
Fished from the bridge in Laurel Hill Park upstream to the scout camp, from 3pm til dusk. Air temperature 70. Water temp. 67. Good flow with some stain to the water from the 1.75 inches they received two days before. Actually, ideal conditions, except I was a bit surprised the water temp was that high.

Caught a handful of fish --2 browns and 4 rainbows-- but should have hooked more. Missed too many midging.

Bugs: Caddis, cahill, very big stone flies near faster water sections, tons of midges. A bright green caddis looking thing, with double wings about a size 16.

Fish were rising (midging) constantly at the slow pool in front of the pull off at the scout camp. Tied on a midge and caught one but missed a few. They were locked into something VERY small. One older gent in a vehicle pulled up to say they were rising to mayflies that were significantly smaller than trico. Used a dipnet an noticed a VERY tiny spinner about a size 28 with light body and clear wings. Had nothing to match. Very frustrating because the fish were feeding non-stop.

Great day to be out! Not too crowded for that stream on a Saturday.

Posted on: 2013/6/16 9:57

Re: Laurel Hill Creek, Somerset County, 6/16/13

From pennsylvania
Quote:

greenghost wrote:
...Bugs: ...A bright green caddis looking thing, with double wings about a size 16...

A Lime Sally stonefly, not a caddis.

Quote:
... They were locked into something VERY small... Used a dipnet an noticed a VERY tiny spinner about a size 28 with light body and clear wings....

Caenis

Posted on: 2013/6/16 22:15

From Pgh
Quote:

gutcutter wrote:
Quote:

greenghost wrote:
...Bugs: ...A bright green caddis looking thing, with double wings about a size 16...

A Lime Sally stonefly, not a caddis.

Quote:
... They were locked into something VERY small... Used a dipnet an noticed a VERY tiny spinner about a size 28 with light body and clear wings....

Caenis

Thanks for the info.

Posted on: 2013/6/17 10:02

From Dauphin PA
Caenis = fisherman's curse

Posted on: 2013/6/18 14:48

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com