Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Lakeside Quarry Lebanon County 3/18/09

From lancaster county
When i was there on Friday i caught about 16 of them little buggers. I did notice however that the rising fish were on the north and east side of the quarry. Interestingly enough, they only began rising when: there was no wind or blowing in a south/west direction. I dont know why but anytime the wind blew north/east it would put them down. After i caught most the fish on that side of the quarry they stopped rising. You might be right. Maybe they are getting smart. I know Matt has been fishing them also.

Posted on: 2009/3/23 16:42

Sal

Went to the quarry for first time. Cold and Wind; very tough fishing. Went with my brother and his buddy who brought all the their spinning gear (spinners, power bait, worms). They had 5 rods out using slip bobbers and throwing metal. I fished b/h princes, b/h flashback p/t etc.; stripping streamers...2 fish total and missed 3. Free falling nymphs got me my hits The baiters ended with 1 each. Fished 10:00 to 14:00. Fish looked healthy but were shorts. No big pallys by the bridge, but some decent fish just upstream. Had to say my expectations where much higher. Bottom line, wrong day to go. Sucks; would''ve have been nice to hang em like you did. Seeing risers everywhere on flat water there must be a sight to see

Posted on: 2009/3/23 19:38

From Manheim, PA
Yeah, it was a sucky day. I also got skunked at 3 wild brookie streams earlier in the day so my Sunday fish total = 0.

Posted on: 2009/3/23 20:16

hey what do ya know!! i went this weekend to just to check it out since i never heard of the place and you guys posted the name (so much for people not running to check out spots because they get name dropped) anyways, didnt even fish, just ran my dog...i was less than impresssed...no palis under the bridge, a ton of trout downstream of the sewer plant though...

couple of snow geese and a coot... saw a bunch of guys fishing and noone catching...

Posted on: 2009/3/24 14:36

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I did well on Sunday at Bear Creek, Soutehrn Schuylkill Cty. 9 trout. My intentions were to hit some "new to me" brookie streams in the area, but my plans A and B were foiled by posted property and access issues, so I ended up on Bear.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 14:37

From lancaster county
surely you arent saying that talking about an ATW open to year round fishing is a bad thing?

If you are then i have to ask what kind of fisheries can we discuss?

Posted on: 2009/3/24 16:41

Sal,
Not really what i was getting at...it was more or less a backhanded remark relating to the brimstone that my post on another water created...you know the post where everyone started saying that people dont use the internet to find where to go fish because there are giant lists of streams out there... Im not saying not to talk about the quarry, just using it as an example on how a name drop draws immediate attention... yea sure there are lists of waters out there for people to browse through, and anglers like you and myself use these to explore...however a TON of the lazys out there simply wait for names to drop on sites like this, then run and stomp around... for lots of places, its not big deal, merely another angler to the hoards that already fish certain water, however on other smaller streams, i feel like it kind of is a big deal to get even one extra angler a year.... Its all a matter of preference, however i am not suggesting not to talk about all water, just certain water...

that and i was posting becasue i saw a coot and like 6 snow geese, thought it was kind of odd...on that goofy little quarry water to see those birds...

Posted on: 2009/3/24 17:42

I mentioned this before
far and away the toughest trout to catch I ever ran into were the brook trout in a spring fed pond that had plentiful food including schools of small perch
yeah-I know people will say I didn't know what I was doing yada,yada.
I telling you,I don't care how good you were you wouldn't know there were any trout in that pond until spawning time-then they hit with wild abandon for a day or two.
the low food streams or wilderness fishing gives people the wrong impression of brook trout.Under the right conditions they are as wary as browns-lol
This pond was a couple hundred yards from my home in Montana

Posted on: 2009/3/24 17:46

From lancaster county
oh i see what your talking about now. Dont think that the other stream that was mentioned in that other post doesnt get pressure. Going by this thread it added about 6 fisherman to the water. If we were to take those averages then, we will say that other post added about 10 fisherman. I made it higher to show you what i mean. I can tell you from experience that the stream is tough at times and probably over half those 10 fisherman struck out. I know that stream and its fish can handle being caught by 5 skilled fisherman.

Keep in mind my numbers are less than facts. Just showing you i dont think it matters. That other post never mentioned catching fish like this one did either. Dont think im disagreeing with your concerns. Name dropping can be dangerous but it can be over played also.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:18

Fun place. I caught this bass out of there:

Attach file:

jpg  l_7446b3d5ca8545358951ee8a30900512.jpg (0.00 KB)
1953_49cd7506e3c03.jpg X px

Posted on: 2009/3/27 20:53

There are some monster fish in there. Last year I caught a carp out of there fishing with my buddies, must have been pushing thirty pounds. We were fishing with spinning rods and the way to get the big bass is take a blue gill and a big ass hook, no weight, and chuck it out there and set your drag open. We caught some MONSTER bass, makes the one in my picture look like a small one lol. Oh and the panfish are absolutely phenominal.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 20:56

From York County
I know how those quarries are I have favorite quarry but I can only fish it anymore in fully leafy tree camo, or a guillie suit. So I guess those fish will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 22:34

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com