Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: French Creek 2-14-09

From Bozeman
I could secretly be charlie sheen.

I guess it's technically possible, but I'd bet a year's salary against it.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:02

From Lewistown
Tom,
It could be, but probably isn't.

The stream would probably have to have a decent population of wild/reproducing bows. Then, 2 stocked goldens would have to "hook up" to produce this fish.

If not stocked intentionally, its probably a pond-jumper and got scooped up with the rest of the fish, then dumped in. The commis isn't going to transport 1 small fish back to the hatchery. I have seen/caught small goldens before, usually where Lycoming Creek Anglers dumps their fish in, so it was probably from a club stocking.

But hey, anything is possible.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:03

From Monessen, PA
Yes, I think that goldens are not sterile, so a theoretical possibility exists it was bred in the stream. As MKern mentions, sometimes fish get into raceways accidentally and are either missed or the employees see no real reason to chase the undersized fish down and remove him from the batch. I have caught freshly stocked trout of other varieties that are under 7", but the PFBC is not intentionally stocking them at that size.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:39

-- Leo Tolstoy

From lancaster county
The chances of that fish being wild are slim to none. Beyond it being a genetic mutation you have to look at the survival of such a trout and predators. Im sure all or almost all golden rainbows stocked are either... harvested, die of stress from heat or are taken by predators such as herons. Heck you can see those things a mile away. Just imagine with a birds eye how far away they can see those fish. Im really certain that this fish is stocked.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 16:30

From Dallastown, PA
Tom,

I had a big dissertation written about how confused I was about the F&BC explanation and when I go to the end, I figured I was just over-reading it. And then it came to me....I don't even care about them so I deleted it.

Hey, remember that 30" golden at the Owassee section of Pine two years ago? That thing looked like a the Yellow Submarine.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 22:05

From Bozeman
It was a freaking hog. I think I took a shot at it with a san juan, but it was cruising everywhere.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 22:08

From New Kensington
I will say this, whether you call it a Golden Rainbow or Palomino, I have never caught one. The ironic part is that I float stock a few different streams and I have stocked at least a 100 of them over the last 7 years. Still never caught one. I know where they are, I know where I put them and I know what they like, but never caught one. Just find it strange, I really don't target them either. I know some guys see one and fish for it until they catch it or sting it. Oh well, tight lines to all.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 11:15

From Manheim, PA
I have yet to catch one too. I've had my shot at a few and even hooked a few but they all either didn't want what I was throwing or broke me off.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 13:05

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (28)
Who cares? It beats work. 30% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com