Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

East Br. Brandywine Creek, Chester Co, 4/13/13

From Northern VA
Fished the upper east branch with my dad this afternoon from about 1-4 pm. Great weather, partly sunny and 60. Water was high and a little off color, tons of brown caddisflies flying around along with a few BWO's and white midges. Didnt see a single rise all day. We went far from the parking lot and probably a little too far from the stocked fish, but we wanted to find some peace and quiet. I landed a fat stocked rainbow on a caddis larvae and lost a nice wild brown around 9-10". My dad is new to flyfishing and still looking for his first fish on a fly. I thought the brandywine would give us a shot at a lot of non-trout in case the trout were MIA but I guess the water is still too cold as neither of us caught any chubs or panfish. Frustrating to fish such gorgeous water and not catch much because we were too far from the stocking points. You would think there should be more fish in a place like that, not less.

We then fished up a tributary and I nailed a pair of wild browns and a fallfish (all on the caddis), dad lost a little brown after a few seconds and missed a hard strike from a nicer one. Unfortunately we had to bolt home just as we were getting to the best water but I really think with another half hour he could have landed one or two. Next time!

Attach file:

jpg  Brandywine.jpg (244.17 KB)
7984_516a3a9c370ca.jpg 522X624 px

Posted on: 2013/4/14 1:12

Re: East Br. Brandywine Creek, Chester Co, 4/13/13

From Southeast Pa
im thinking about going out to the east branch this weekend any advice would help since im new to fly fishing for trout and is there any smallies

Posted on: 2013/5/10 9:55

Re: East Br. Brandywine Creek, Chester Co, 4/13/13

Take ur dad to the Tully, plenty of fish and plenty of bugs should provide a decent opportunity to get him hooked up on his first fish

Posted on: 2013/5/10 11:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com