Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Darby Creek, Del Co., 5/22/2013

From Media, PA
On my way to the Price Rite discount grocery store I was distracted by a quick (a little over an hour) jaunt to the stream. Fished above the Dog Park to the falls under hot, breezy, and sunny conditions. Water was almost 70! Little bug activity but the trout reacted well, especially to a small black ant fished down. Moved well over a doz. trout, and brought to hand most of them. Also several bright sunnies and a few chubs. Best trout was a pretty 14'' rainbow, but I hooked two that were substantially larger. Perfect example of why these marginal streams are stocked; without it there would be no real trout fishing in this rather suburban setting. In my defense I didn't linger, and when my two fly rig got hopelessly tangled after a small trout pulled off. I did my chores, stopping at two grocery stores and getting everything on the list. Almost like I never went fishing if you get my drift....

Posted on: 2013/5/22 19:00

Re: Darby Creek, Del Co., 5/22/2013

From collegeville, pa
good report Van, I enjoy reading your reports....I met you a few years ago at Pickering and we brought a few to hand....tight lines

Posted on: 2013/5/22 19:57

Re: Darby Creek, Del Co., 5/22/2013

From Media, PA
Thanks! Sadly I haven't fished the Pick for awhile. It used to be my home stream, too. I tend to gravitate towards French when I'm out there; more fish and usually more water, especially pocket. Speaking of that Darby was flowing way better than I would have guessed. Hoping we pick up some more rainfall soon......the cool weather coming will also help.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 23:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com