Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Codorus 2-11-2007

Air temp 27 degrees , water temp ?. Windy, way cold, ice in the guides.
Started fishing about 2:00pm sun was out and the fish were hitting. An hour later it got cloudy and they pretty much got lockjaw, left at 4:30. Caught 8 on beadhead peacock wooly bugger,olive flashback haresear, and olive scud. Nicest fish was 13". Fished deep and slow.
Water dropped about a foot since thursday leaving ice shelves on the banks you had to tip toe around and on, very slippery.
No hatch.

Posted on: 2007/2/11 21:27

Re: Codorus 2-11-2007

From Hanover
Damn! not bad... I haven't been in about a month now but with the slightly warmer temps projected for the weekend i am jones'ing for a little codorus action

Posted on: 2007/2/13 18:41

Re: Codorus 2-11-2007

Quote:

Daren wrote:
Damn! not bad... I haven't been in about a month now but with the slightly warmer temps projected for the weekend i am jones'ing for a little codorus action

I have hit it once a week since Jan 1 and it has been slow. The water has been low and clear water most of the time. I usually pick up 3-5 fish, but one trip I got skunked.
Last trip I talked to another guy who said he was doing good on a flashback haresear in the runs/fast water. I remembered last season/spring using a small 14-16 olive flashback haresear and doing alright. So I fished the runs and riffles with one and picked up a couple.
Also I seined the riffles to see what might be in the drift, there was nothing I could see. I turned over some rocks and they had some size 16-20 dark olive mayfly nymphs on them, but more than that the rock was crawling with olive scuds from about size 16-20 or smaller.
I went home and whipped up some tiny scuds, I used them on the 11th and the fished slammed them in the fast water.
If you can get a couple hours on the water when the sun is high I would give it a shot. The fish seem to turn on with warmth.
Good Luck and Tight Lines

Posted on: 2007/2/13 19:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com