Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Clarks 3/18

From Harrisburg
Resized Image
Make no mistake, it was very cold and windy. Most of any fresh stockies I saw were laying on the bottom like suckers. Kinda felt the same way with as many times as I fell down. I especially liked when my feet kicked out and I hit the bank flat, and slowly slid into the water that wasnt quite over my waders. Felt that one for a second time when I laid down in bed. Had a few on, only got one in close enough to count as I let him shake off. My friend here caught this 16" brookie on a white/chartruese Clouser minnow. Hes entering his sophmore season and this trout chased the cold away for him. Saw a surprising amount of other anglers and a few stoneflies that the wild/holdover would actually crash upon time to time. Funny how they take them. Dont get near the top, they just sit on the bottom and come charging up, smackem, and go straight back to the bottom. Mighty cold and windy to see trout taking them off the top.
I am very happy for my friend except this was his 2nd trout to my one. Thats not how it usually goes.
Ow, my pride.

Posted on: 2007/3/19 11:39

Re: Clarks 3/18

From Cleona, Pa
I was there on 3/12 and caught 3 browns and missed at least 3 more on a size 8 foxy clouser. I let it do the typical streamer drift then stripped it back hard and the fish hit it hard.

Posted on: 2007/3/28 11:49

Re: Clarks 3/18

that's a nice looking fish, good and fat

Posted on: 2007/3/30 12:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com