Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Clark's Creek, Dauphin Co. 5/04/2014

Fished the open water above the gun range from 9am-1pm. Water is extra high but fairly clear. Very few spots to wade because of the high water. Used an olive bugger, moved a few fish and caught one brookie. Then moved to the FF section near the gun range. Same bugger and about the same results. Move several fish and caught one nice brown. Should get better each day without rain.

Posted on: 5/4 22:07

Re: Clark's Creek, Dauphin Co. 5/04/2014

From York, PA
I fished Clark's early yesterday. I started up above the reservoir in water I had never been on. Absolutely beautiful but I never saw a fish...do they stock up there??

I moved down below the PGC barn in the project water and moved a bunch of fish on muddler streamer but no takers. My heart wasn't in it today...not sure why. I've become convinced that Clark's is better suited for the camera than the fly rod.

Posted on: 5/5 5:43

They do stock above the dam. I have never fished that section. The section from the App. Trail upstream can be productive. When the water comes down the fishing should be good.

Posted on: 5/5 9:30

From Pine Grove
Quote:

sipe wrote:
I fished Clark's early yesterday. I started up above the reservoir in water I had never been on. Absolutely beautiful but I never saw a fish...do they stock up there??

I moved down below the PGC barn in the project water and moved a bunch of fish on muddler streamer but no takers. My heart wasn't in it today...not sure why. I've become convinced that Clark's is better suited for the camera than the fly rod.

They stock fairly heavily and it has wild fish, but there are some goodly stretches that are much less productive than others. You just have to cover some ground and you'll find fish.

Boyer

Posted on: 5/5 22:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com