Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Chester Creek, Del. Co., 5/15/2013

From Media, PA
Started early afternoon; mixed sun, clouds, and rain; I got a little wet but dried off as it warmed up. Water dead clear and average flow despite several rain events in the past week; temp. 58. Dominant hatch was tan caddis, though I saw one large Sulpher. Lots of trout everywhere; fished three stretches and the least productive produced five, though someone fished it right before me. Most fun was bringing to hand five fish in the fast water just below the classic "meat hole" as two bait fishers looked on in disbelief. Not surprisingly my pet caddis pupa (Tan) was brutal, as was a black ant. Did my best work in the fast stuff, but that's typical for me. Mostly browns, but he biggest fish was a rainbow about 14''. Also landed a couple dozen chubs and a few really bright sun fish.

Posted on: 2013/5/17 10:17

Re: Chester Creek, Del. Co., 5/15/2013

Hey Van,

I have never fished Chester and plan to go this Sunday. Is there a good area to hit and or park?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Posted on: 2013/5/17 19:46

From Media, PA
Best access for the lower stretch is Creek Road off Dutton Mill. Be advised; if they hold the kids Derby there his Sat. it will be crowded with meat hunters. If you look at a map the area where the West branch meets the main branch has several access points. There are some good spots on both but you have to poke around a bit. Good luck!

Posted on: 2013/5/18 1:34

Thanks Van,

Sunday is the day so hopefully will avoid the crowd. Plus weather will most likely put some off the water.

Tight Lines!

Posted on: 2013/5/18 9:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com