Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bushkill at Easton, 5/18/2008

From Barto PA
Fished the Bushkill at Easton for the first time this year with a freind of mine who loves this stream as much as I do. Up until last year we had many great days there, mostly fishing the open water as opposed to the special regs. area. Two years ago, we had a day where we both caught 8 or 10 wild browns in addition to many stocked fish. A good number of the wild fish were in the 14 to 16 in. class. We fished it several times last year and hardly caught any wild fish. The other day when we fished it, we had plenty of action, but again hardly any wild browns. I caught 19 fish total with only one being a wild brown and it was only about 9 in. long. My freind had similar results. He caught two wild browns, both of which were under 10 in. There were caddis flying around all day and a sparse hatch of the big sulphurs in the evening but we saw very few risers. This stream has always received a good deal of pressure from bait and spinner fishermen, but it never really seemed to affect the wild brown population. I really don't know if they're still in there or if something happened to them. It's a real shame because it is a beautiful stream with tons of bugs and great holding water. Anyone else had the same experience? Would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Posted on: 2008/5/19 0:07

Edited by JackM on 2008/5/24 8:59:56

Re: Bushkill at Easton, 5/18/2008
From Monessen, PA
Please supply the date you fished in the title line on all Stream Reports. I edited it to read 5/18, but I was just guessing it was the day before you reported since you posted in the AM.

Posted on: 2008/5/24 9:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com