Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Breeches

From Harrisburg
Nice hatch of large caddis came off along with crane flies I believe. Sporadic rises. Caught a 7 inch wild brownie that had one heck of a pot belly. 11 total but 7 came from the run. The main branch was in great shape but the trout numbers are slumping badly in the artificials section. As I walked back to the run I went all the way around instead of crossing and walked over the stone bridge and once again watched as the baitmen were catching fish with stringers in the water. Is this year ever gonna turn around? Stockings almost over. If Clarks FFO doesnt get something decent this week, the commission will get an F from me. We're supposed to have storied waters here in the limestone belt and they keep putting every single trout they can directly into a freezer. Yes, I'll catch trout. Yes, I'll have good days. But 2 years ago my license goes up almost 30% and this is what the men that treat the outdoors with respect and appreciation get? The men that clean up after the ignorant and try to spread good angling ethics to them. Thank God for YBAAC tomorrow. I can only hope they will succeed where the commission is failing miserably. Atleast at my home reg waters. I simply cant drive to Clinton, Centre, and Potter counties every time I want to have a quality outting of SOME sort anyway. The fresh blue/gray colored stockies that I did see and catch were even SMALL on top of it.
Yes, I'm getting a little cranky about this. My patience and understanding only goes so far.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 0:30

Re: Breeches

From Windsor, PA
Amen Brother.

I dont get it. At what point will the entire planning / preservation points get across to the large population of so called anglers who dont respect the entire picture?

I'd rather see groups of large ponds made to support stocked fish that end up in freezers. That way, lawn chairs will seat easier along the pond edge and the gear chuckers will be more comfortable.

yes I understand the 'whole picture'. fish survival rates etc,, etc..
But im tired of seeing trash alond stream sides, and a total disrespect of anglers toward nature and fellow fishermen. Ethics basically.

Mini rant over.
Im going fishing.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 10:15

From Pa
Quote:
Yes, I'm getting a little cranky about this. My patience and understanding only goes so far.

Yip. Judgin' by the way things werked out fer ol' Festus, I'd say yer only a short period away from turnin yer back on society and movin north to fish an' starve with the rest of us folks that don't see eye to eye with modern man.

PS....seen a dude walkin along the crick in Ansonia this mornin with his stringer full of trout. 2 brownies that went 20 inches. The ol' boy sure looked proud. I hope he dies of mercury poisoning.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 12:10

From York
The Yellow Breeches Anglers have been doing a fine job ---for a long time.

Muddy Creek TU is another example of a fine effort on the part of people giving something back.

Have to agree with Festus--it's a lot more laid back up north--out of the rat race for sure.

Posted on: 2007/4/15 12:13

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

fritz wrote:

Muddy Creek TU is another example of a fine effort on the part of people giving something back.

Thanks for the compliment Fritz!

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/4/15 19:14

From Pa
I reckon that's the second time this week that somebody agreed with me 'bout sumptin. I reckon I'm on a roll and I better go see if'n I kin find Ms Kitty to pour me a stiff 'un.

Posted on: 2007/4/15 21:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com