Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Big Pine at Ansonia area, Tiaoga County, Sat 4-27 and Sun 4-28

From SEPA
Fished big Pine on Sat. and Sun. The water was in fine shape. We hit the brookie streams early for some action, then hit Pine for the evening. Bugs poured off the water the last 2 hours of light, though we couldn't seem to find or interest any active fish. Oh well, it was really nice to be out. We were going to shoot the bull at the QG Summit after dark, but we couldn't muster the energy to get there (getting old, I suppose). Maybe next time.

On Sunday, after exploring the upper Tioga river and tributaries early, I hit the delayed harvest stretch in the evening. Again a good showing of bugs (caddis, grannom, hendricksons, possibly QG's) and some active fish, a rise maybe every 15 minutes or so. I found good action swinging bead head soft hackle pheasant tails in the broken water. The key was to get the flies down a bit in the water column. Caught a handful of feisty rainbows, which made for a fine evening.

Wish I was there for a few days more, the action was just starting to heat up. A big thanks to Bob at Big Meadows Fly Shop for the advice on where to fish and what to use. Thanks Bob I will see you again soon!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 15:34

Re: Big Pine at Ansonia area, Tiaoga County, Sat 4-27 and Sun 4-28

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Thanks Bill,
yeah you left to soon they were hitting on top yesturday and today (weds.) Dog can hardly move like mark and myself. called it early today since i have to get ready for djmyers this weekend. apple caddis is coming off with a mix of hendricksons, QD's and blue quills. along with a small tan caddis. FISH are hitting on top water is holding above the 50 deg. mark now...fished west branch and lyman also since you departed.....Thanks again Bill for coming had a great time as always !!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 16:13

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

Re: Big Pine at Ansonia area, Tiaoga County, Sat 4-27 and Sun 4-28

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

sandfly wrote:
...fished west branch and lyman also since you departed.....Thanks again Bill for coming had a great time as always !!

I told you to stay off the West Branch!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 16:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com