Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

3 days 3 streams

From Harrisburg
Resized Image
Finding myself with unexpected time off, what else would I do? There was no family get togethers as for the most part everyone was almost relieved and ready to rest. There were no serious missions, just throwing some lines on some generally very good trout water.
Started July 17th on the Breeches and caught four with this 20"er on a cricket. He was pretty tired so I just got him back to the water instead of going for a better picture. That has ALWAYS been the biggest draw about the Breeches for me. The ability of time to time being able to bring a really large trout to the surface. Nothing seems to get my blood pumping faster.Resized Image
Saturday the 18th was Elk creek for the very first time. Anything larger than my spun deer hair beetles sent them running when they hit the water. I also had to land the beetle 4-6 ft away from the trout or I got the same results. VERY low and clear. But when I hit my cast right, they came and gobbled it every time. Had quite a few spit me out as almost every one leaped wildly and possessed these awesome colors.Resized Image
After seeing those wild browns at Elk I thought for sure a grand finally was set up for Fishing creek on sunday the 19th. I caught my only rainbow I ever caught there and that was it. They might be the red-ist fins I've ever seen on a rainbow. Fishing creek is usually very rewarding to me, but being a trout hunter, when it gets overcast and hard to see it seems I am at a disadvantage. Had some on but spooked very many because I couldn't pinpoint them and hunt on the approach. Alot of casts evidently went right on top of them as wakes would take off time and again.
It sure is beautiful up there and a bad day flyfishings always better than my best day drinking and drugging were. But thats another story for another forum.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 22:34

Re: 3 days 3 streams

From York, PA
Way to go! That just made my day.
Wonderful pix, thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 22:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com