Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Tully" just after myerstown 12/6/2006

From lancaster county
wow! and mean wow! we started fishing in the cold morning around 9:00. when we arrived at the stream on flyfisherman told us when asked that he landed 10 fish in 10 minutes! so we promply started fishing and i belive him! the first 3 casts for each of us we each landed 3 fish! what a day. we started at the limestone fish hatchery and fished about 1 1/2 miles down stream. in the end we each had about 30 fish. i found out that they hatchery lost 12,000 fish in the first flood. 5,000 in the next and about 3,000 in the last. wow! do the math! unfortunatly the stream gets hammered and you can see the affects downstream. we counted about 40 dead fish. the good news is people are releasing them.
a interesting note: i thought rainbows breed in the summer, but to my suprise i landed a rainbow that spurted sperm in the stream and had another fill my sweatshirt pocket full of eggs. once we saw this we respected the fish and stopped fishing. i hope they do it. i love wild fish!
anyways i recommend to respect any breeding fish. mostly in the rapids and shallows is where we witnessed them breeding....but if your close to the area, visit the stream you wont be disappointed! i sure wasent!

Posted on: 2006/12/6 17:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com