Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Quittie," Lebanon Co, 6/5/2011

Spent a couple hours down at the Quittie this morning with my son. Water was high and fast but seemed to be on the drop. Fish were rising in the eddies and slower water late morning, but not sure to what.

Got one stocker brown. Missed a few. All in the slowest water I could find. (mostly in the park,and a few pockets upstream of it).

Great weather and nobody else fishing.

Can anybody confirm the presence of carp in the Quittie? I'm pretty sure I saw one this morning in the shallows. He was across the stream from me so I couldn't see scales or color, but I did get a fairly good look at his shape/movement. If it wasn't a carp, it was the biggest trout I've ever seen.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:00

Edited by JackM on 2011/6/15 8:26:53

Re: Quittie, Lebanon Co, 6/5

From Jonestown, PA
Most likely a carp, this is about when they start showing up in that stream.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 13:54

I've caught my share of those things in my cast net. They frequent the same mud flats as the shad I was targeting for bait.

This one would easily go 10 lbs. Might be fun to target on the Quittie.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 14:29

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Yeah, I've seen carp in the Quittie...along with lots of suckers and fallfish too. Not sure I've seen any in/around the park though (assume that's where you were from your OP). I know a couple holes downstream of Annville along Syner Rd. that are completely filled with them in the winter.

On a related note, it's good to see that someone confirmed the presence of trout in the Quittie...never could figure that stream out, at least not it's trout anyway.

Posted on: 2011/6/5 19:20

From southcentral pa.
There are still plenty of trout in the quitty.

Posted on: 2011/6/8 22:47

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Quote:

geangler wrote:
There are still plenty of trout in the quitty.

Despite my poor attitude toward that stream, I'm sure there are too. I have a buddy that grew up fishing it and has been averaging 20 fish (Trout, a lot more if you throw in the Fallfish) outings on it this year, as recently as last week. That stream just seems to bring out all my shortcomings as an angler...I have a very difficult time reading the water and figuring out where the fish are. I suppose we all have a stream that seems to have our number, and for me it's the Quittie.

It really has the potential to be a great stream if the pollution/litter was brought under control though...maybe not quite on par with the Cumberland Valley limestoners, but it would certainly be capable of holding over a good amount of fish and supporting natural repro. Some people say natural repro is already taking place in certain stretches...I can't confirm that firsthand, but believe it is probably likely even though the PFBC hasn't acknowledged it as of yet. It's spring influence is pretty significant...it always has a good flow even during dry conditions. I think that's why I have problems reading the water on it...it always seems like there's a ton of water flowing through it even though it's fairly low gradient.

Posted on: 2011/6/9 8:35

From Cleona, Pa
There is wild rainbow in that creek, not many, but they are there. Caught a few the last 2 years.

Posted on: 2011/6/9 17:09

From lebanon, pa
i have also caught a few rainbows that were way to small to have been stocked....and this was quite a few years ago.

Posted on: 2011/6/11 11:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com