Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hendricksons on the Yellowbreeches

From Boilingsprings
Not a whole lot going on as of Friday at lunch. However I did some seining and lots of nymphs ready to pop. Many have the lose slimy shuck look. I am thinking the next warm day or two. Water is up but fishable. Do not put the buggers away yet.

Posted on: 4/4 15:51

Re: Hendricksons on the Yellowbreeches
From Gettysburg
Good to hear. Will be nice to see some bugs soon.

Posted on: 4/4 20:59

From Boilingsprings
Things have really been strange with hatches this year. Last Sunday there was a decent hatch of Grannoms in the late morning then Hendricksons in the early PM. The next few days had nasty rainy weather and no bugs. Yesterday around 2:30 they were on again but not heavy. Today about 10:30 they started but not a lot and there were some spinners flying. My best advice is fish all day and you will see some action if the weather is nice for at least a few more days.

Posted on: 4/10 17:57

From Monessen, PA
The wonderfully mysterious world of hatches. It's like predicting the weather. You can get real deep into why, but in the end, it is best to be prepared for anything.

Posted on: 4/10 19:27

From Boilingsprings
I agree Jack, some folks say the hatch is late I think it is like a woman having a child it is just not time for the baby to be born yet. It is very interesting to me why some insects emerge during warm, cool, or even damp weather. Knowledge is the key to success.

Posted on: 4/12 7:39

From Chester County
The timing of hatches can be compared to cooking. If the temp is lower, it takes a longer time to be done.

In my yard, I still don't have buds on many of the trees, plants and many of the early flowers have not begun to emerge. Most times, during normal winters most of the trees have buds in late March, sometimes earlier. There are books written about using all kinds of plants and trees blooming as an indicator of when hatches will emerge.

Anyway, the hatches, at least the early hatches, will be a little later this year, but things should just start happening given the turn in weather.

Posted on: 4/12 7:57

From Boilingsprings
Also the early hatches are effected much more than the mid season ones due to cold long winters. One other note is the early Hendricksons are usually heavy for a few days under normal winter spring conditions compared to the winter we had last year. Our Grannoms and Hendricksons seem to be coming off in small spurts. This is the first year in over 30 years there have been spinners and duns at the same time. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Sulphurs.

Posted on: 4/12 19:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com