Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

First Weekend in June

Fishing on the Middle Yough continues to be solid. The river fished very well this weekend past, with fish eating all of the bugs they've been eating for a couple of weeks now with the addition of big ISOs added to the menu.

Dries matching olives, sulfurs, cahills, and ISOs have been getting fish on top, while nymphs matching everything above plus green caddis pupas are getting it done under the bobbers.

Streamer fishing has been decent, with your typical three inch bugs matching your typical Yough forage species taking the lion's share of fish. We are still seeing the occasional big brown on the larger meat as well, so don't be afraid to throw the big stuff if you're looking for a biggun'.

As for the green fish, forward scout reports from down low tell us that the topwater bite has offered a steady pick of Yough natives of late, but that the recent dip in temperatures added with a splash of mud has put that bite off for now. Look for that to get back on track as soon as the temps and water do.

Have fun out there,

LHGS

www.laurelhighlandsguideservices.com

Attach file:

jpg  old righty.jpg (95.73 KB)
874_4fcd4d1cc5e44.jpg 640X350 px

Posted on: 2012/6/4 20:05

Re: First Weekend in June

From Pittsburgh
I fished the yough yesterday.
And saw - besides the typical BWO's, sulphers, and caddis - another mayfly that I can't really recall ever seeing before.
It was a large cahill - #12 - with a bright orange body, top and bottom. And the fish really liked them.
I did pretty well with a regular, tanned body #12 cahill.
But I'm going to tie a few of these up

Posted on: 2012/6/5 12:09

From Monessen, PA
Golden or Yellow Drake, Bill? I think I've seen all varieties of yellowish mayflies on the Yough.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 15:57

DFG: It's a cahill. I think the bug guys refer to them as the cahill, orange group. Whatever they are, you're right, the trout like them. What's not to like? Big orange bug. The spinners have an orange body as well.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 22:06

From Dallastown, PA

Posted on: 2012/6/6 8:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com