Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Big bass? Likely story.

Somehow or another I managed to leave the camera in the truck the last two trips down the river. It’s too bad, really, as I’ve been wanting to get some nice shots of bass to post in the gallery. August is really the beginning of solid bass fishing on our part of the river (Connellsville to Confluence), and these lower flows and warmer temps have really transformed the fishery over the past two weeks. While the trouting is still productive, we’ve spent the past couple of weeks stripping large streamers for large bass. For the most part, it’s been working. Yesterday we had an 18” bass in the boat and at least ten that were 15-17 inches. Not that this is the norm, but the small bass seemed to be in hiding yesterday--no complaints here. Hot flies were large sculpins (4”) in white and tan and hellgrammite patterns.

On the salmonoid end of things, dry dropper rigs with big terrestrials towing little nymphs have been working well. These three fly rigs are lots of fun to cast in the wind.

Crane flies, caddis, yellow drakes, Iso’s, bwo’s, yellow stones, and midges are on the river daily.

So that’s the report. Sorry for the lack of proof in the way of photos, but I’ll tie the camera to myself this week.

Have fun and be safe on the river, and please put ‘em back where you found ‘em.

LHGS

Posted on: 2009/8/8 11:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com