over, and it never started, my season that is.

brain

brain

i was so very much looking forward to this summer on the creek. i don't know why either. but all winter i was just ready to get going. and then when things looked like they were really ready to get going, life happened...nothing bad by any means. the entire month of july i spent in a hotel room, working crazy hours, or getting ready todo it agian.
almost every day i would check the stream gauge. the sun would rise..while at work, and i would think "great day to be on the creek".
when i finally got a chance to hit it, it would rain and blow it out...as if i was being punished, like this week. i put in to take off like three or four weeks ago....look what happened...it's my fault, sorry about the rain and all. now the creek is wasted, and oct has an insane schedule already...and we still have six weeks till we even get there. so even if by some mirracle the creek returns, i would'nt even be able to get in it.
i'm calling it now. by nov the creeks will be straight and work will be back to reasonable levels as well. of course by november my warmwater creek is very less warm.
this means i'm going to need to dig out my waders and 4wt and chase some trouts just to get my rod time in.
this is killing me, my arm is getting the shakes from not false casting enough(read: at all). i don't even remember how to tie a globug any more.

face palm here.

well you could go in the fall and enjoy getting out and cayching some fish...thats what im doing.

I could think of worse ways to blow off an entire summer, and they even carry over to fall.

I have, uhm, winter to look forward to. Winter.

Get out there and fish. Don't worry about what your catching, just catch it, enjoy and relax.

Thats what I do.

Back