Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: my 1st musky.

whats wrong with your face man?

Posted on: 2011/5/19 16:36

From State College, PA
Gotta love it, way to go. Glad to see some others out there who are not only addicted to Musky, but chasin with flies too.

I've been fishin for 30+ years, only 3 for Musky, but they have already replaced a lot of my past "unforgettable moments" on the water. I just haven't experienced anything else quite like a Musky crushin my fly right there in front of me!! Amazing! talk about makin the knees shake. LOL

Jay

Posted on: 2011/5/30 12:30

From Gettysburg
Hi Jay,
Welcome to the Paff forums. It's good to see some new warm water enthusiasts around here - all these trout snobs yuh know.

Seriously, this forum message board is mainly a trout fishing community - which is, of course, perfectly okay - so there aren't a lot of bass guys much less muskie enthusiasts. Kudos to Paco, we don't see musky photos posted here every day. I consider myself something of a muskie enthusiast (mostly pursue 'em with conventional gear) and get out fly fishing for muskies a few times every year. Although I had some shots at nice fish last year, I didn't get a single hit in 2010, just sore arms from casting.

Really, any muskie on a fly, regardless of size, is a real trophy IMO. Here's wishing you a "toothy 2011."

Posted on: 2011/5/30 22:24

From State College, PA
Thanks!! This seems like a great forum for pretty much all things FLyfishing. Can't believe I hadn't found it sooner to be honest.

I was all about trout for about 20yrs solid until I decided to check out this Musky thing a few years back. Started with conventional tackle while bringin a 9wt along with me just in case I might get a shot with the fly. Now, I carry two 10wts loaded with different flies and carry a conventional rod along just in case. LOL

I'm definitely full blown addicted to this Musky thing, just like I was for trout for so many years. Yep, it can be tough with how long you somtimes go between even seeing a fish but when you do, you just forget all about everything else!! LOL

Anyhow, looks like I have A LOT of catchin up to do on this site as there seems to be TONS of great info/discussions. Gotta love it!!

Jay

Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:55

From "THE VILLE"
Glad to hear that there is 1 more musky tramp here.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 15:25
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From State College, PA
LOL yep, I'm definitely all in when it comes to Musky!

Have any of you guys picked up any Musky on topwater flies? One of my goals for the year is to land one on a surface fly. I've missed/lost a few so far. Still trying to get the timing right on the hookset. I've read that I should wait until I actually feel the weight of the fish before setting the hook. Well, the attacks on the fly I've had so far have scared the crap out of me and I'm not sure I even attempted a hookset. LMAO

ANyhow, just curious if you guys might have some hints/tips.

Jay

Posted on: 2011/6/1 9:08

From Ransom, Pennsylvania
Still hoping for a musky on a fly...but I really never see any up here. I hooked a tiger on Lackawanna Lake a few years back while bass fishing and quickly broke him off (8lb mono tippet), but I haven't even got one in casting distance since (saw a slammer [easily 40"+] on the susky last year, but he stayed well out of casting range), definitely on the bucket list. I have a 10wt and a box of musky flies, but so far I've only got to use them on Northerns :(

Posted on: 2011/6/1 9:50

From "THE VILLE"
Here is a 2 of my topwater flys. I had a take last night from a small one about 30in.
On this 1.
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:49
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From State College, PA
Man, those are some wild lookin flies, awesome. I have a few big popper type flies but I picked up one called a Poledancer that the fish really seem to dig. It has a walk-the-dog type action when you strip. I'm thinkin its gonna give me my best shot.

Not sure how to get a pic uploaded on this site yet. I'll try to get one on here.

Jay

Attach file:

jpg  Fly.jpg (31.91 KB)
5180_4de7915ae120a.jpg 600X274 px

Posted on: 2011/6/2 9:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com