Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Twenty-two things I learned on 12/22, my last trip to the beach and first with a fly rod.
From Chester County
Quote:

Nymph-wristed wrote:
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Here's a good article to read about using sinking lines for SW fishing......oh, and they did mention stripping baskets, too...

Your boy Ron K says that article is shite... Thanks for sending along my info to him, afish. I know enough to already know he knows his stuff about the surf. I will def pick his brain this upcoming year.

Thanks, again!

Ron (the weenie) is a great SW guy. He knows his stuff and SW fishes more than anyone I know.

Posted on: 12/31 20:26

Re: Twenty-two things I learned on 12/22, my last trip to the beach and first with a fly rod.

From Delaware Co.
Ron who just saying

Posted on: 1/1 1:43

Edited by Fredrick on 2018/1/1 2:14:01

From Chester County
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Ron who just saying

No Fred, your nickname is not RonK.

But I will say, without doubt, you are the utmost authority on FFing for snakeheads.

Posted on: 1/1 7:20

From Monessen, PA
He looks a lot like RonKowski, though, but about 18 inches shorter.

Posted on: 1/1 9:37
"He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem. Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering."

-- Isaiah 53:3-4 NIV

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Ron who just saying

But I will say, without doubt, you are the utmost authority on FFing for snakeheads.

Thanks for the kind words but I’m curious who the weenie Ron k guy is

Posted on: 1/1 14:42

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Ron who just saying

Thanks for the kind words but I’m curious who the weenie Ron k guy is

PM is best for handling off-site content.

Posted on: 1/1 15:12

From Gettysburg
Steering this thread back to the OP's original material....

I would add to what's already been said: don't overlook springtime fishing and back bays. If one's salt experience has mainly been on the beach in the late autumn (as the OP suggests) one will conclude much of what the OP learned and commented upon: you need bigger rods, stripping baskets, boot-foot waders, etc.

However, if you're going to focus on much of the Mid-Atlantic area, including NJ down to NC, back bay areas are a different fishing experience. In these areas, I prefer the spring time months and use smaller tackle, typically 7-9WT rods and floating lines. Striped bass, blues, weaks, and redfish are excellent targets for a wading - or better yet kayaking - saltwater FFer.

There's more to saltwater FFing than "out front" during the fall run.

Posted on: 1/1 15:18

Edited by Dave_W on 2018/1/1 16:11:41

From SEPA
Quote:

Dave_W wrote:
Steering this thread back to the OP's original material....

I would add to what's already been said: don't overlook springtime fishing and back bays. If one's salt experience has mainly been on the beach in the late autumn (as the OP suggests) one will conclude much of what the OP learned and commented upon: you need bigger rods, stripping baskets, boot-foot waders, etc.

However, if you're going to focus on much of the Mid-Atlantic area, including NJ down to NC, back bay areas are a different fishing experience. In these areas, I prefer the spring time months and use smaller tackle, typically 7-9WT rods and floating lines. Striped bass, blues, weaks, and redfish are excellent targets for a wading - or better yet kayaking - saltwater FFer.

There's more to saltwater FFing than "out front" during the fall run.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I have been tied up with family stuff for a week or so. I have tackled the weakfish and small bass in the back bays, too, and I agree with Dave that there is fertile ground in the back for fishing, especially during times when trout are doing their thing or during the dog days of summer (and those May choppers!) I guess one way to look at this deep freeze is that I am saving the gas money that I am not spending this winter on road trips to fish Central PA and the LV for some new sw/ww gear for the upcoming year.

Posted on: 1/6 14:52

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com