Toothy Critter Success Thread

TD55

TD55

Instead of putting everything in the skunked thread I thought I would start a toothy critter success thread. I just caught this on Sunday about 28-30" 7th toothy critter of 2012. 6 pike and 1 chain pickerel. Looking for a musky tomorrow. Have had a few follows from musky but thats it. One really got my blood rolling because it was mid 40's.

photo-1.jpg

Excellent!

Go back and get that muskie! (we're waiting for the pics) :)

I went out to the local creek lookin for the pike bite. And well I found it....I got 5 total on the day. One real big pig close 40. It tried to smoke a smaller pkie while I was bring it in!

PIKE 1
pike1.jpg

PIKE 2
pike2.jpg

PIKE 3 - The fish that almost got smoked by fish #4
pike3.jpg

PIKE 4
pike4.jpg

PIKE 5
pike5.jpg

It was a great day. I got 6 toothys so far this year (six pike). Still waiting for the big musky bite!

You guys suck BTW I guess I should start going out now and trying but I have never had a pike or musky tugging on the end of my line :cry:

T.D. & I hear that alot from people....HA!

Fredrick wrote:
You guys suck BTW I guess I should start going out now and trying but I have never had a pike or musky tugging on the end of my line :cry:

I'm new to this game as well. Just get out there and keep the faith...you will NOT regret any days spent as casting practice.

I don't think you live too far away either, so let me know if you ever feel like fishing.

Fredrick you are gonna hate me even more. Here are 2 more from today. 2 pretty nice pike nothing huge but fat. Just like Jay said you gotta just get out and spend time on the water. It is not always like this trust me. When you are catching them it's awesome but when you go on a slump it sucks but its still pretty awesome too ha. I went out last night to a spot for musky and only saw one fish. It followed one time and then disappeared for good. it was a legitimate 48". I will be back for him for sure.

4-4-12four.jpg

4-4-12five.jpg

wish I lived near some Pike water ( lehigh county)! Love catching those guys, but must admit I don't have one on the fly. I will be putting in some time for musky this season, just hoping to see one!

ebroesicke wrote:
wish I lived near some Pike water ( lehigh county)! Love catching those guys, but must admit I don't have one on the fly. I will be putting in some time for musky this season, just hoping to see one!

Same here (Lackawanna county), I have one lake with a good number of pickerel, but no good pike or muskie water :-(

Hey Sniper did ya ever look at the fish comission warmwater stalking web page. Plenty of water in your neck of the woods with toothies.

Here is a link that shows a lot of the toothy water in PA.

http://fishandboat.com/pafish/musky/00musky_waters_ranked.htm

No doubt - wherever you live in PA there is some muskie fishing opportunities nearby or within a reasonable drive (for me the closest is about 45 minutes). Musky stockings on the east side have traditionally leaned more toward tigers but who is checking? Toothy is toothy. :)
Nevertheless, if you've really got muskie fever... the west side of the state (esp the northwest) is prime country.

A tiger is still a musky but I have to admitt a purebred is so much sweeter. Thats part of the fun is exploreing new water and actually having the work on the web, the vise, and along the creek pay off in a incounter with a musky. Weither it be a hooked fish or just a fallow.

Full moon this weekend boys and girls now is the time to get out on the musky hunt. Musky love the full moon and the few days after. I already got my spot picked out.

You talking about good for night fishing? Or during the day they like it when it is full moon?

A couple of days pior to a couple of days after the full moon I think is the best time to be on the water after musky. The best time of day is last couple of hours of daylight & a couple hrs after dark. The muskys get on the move in the dark. They push to the edges and its easier for them to hunt with a full moon. The "Hunters Moon" I heard it called 1 time on Joe Bucher outdoors. I got my best fish last summer, a mid fortys musky on the night of a full moon.

The current issue of Fly Rod and Reel magazine has a nice article about muskie fishing by Tomes and Bohen.

Spent some time in a local back bay late this afternoon where I've had luck with pike in the early spring. Didn't see any today. Maybe the water is already too warm? Maybe the lack of weed growth? Excuses. Gotta keep casting.

Like Paco said there is about 4 or 5 days around the full moon where musky just seem to put the feed bag on. You can really up your chances when a weather front comes in along with that full moon period. During a full moon last year 3 of us hooked up on 6 fish in probably 2 or 3 hours. Just get out and keep casting. Keep the faith it will happen eventually.

That was a "EPIC" night on the water. I might have to rock the pink musky rallying shirt soon!

any man that wears a pink shirt musky fishing is more of a man than me

any man that wears a pink shirt musky fishing and is photographed on purpose is more of a man than most

any man that wears a pink shirt musky fishing and has his photos posted at the local fly shop is more of a man than all

its still not right

Back