Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Those Danged Snakeheads

From Lancaster, Pa
Anyone interested in Md. fishing for the horrible beasts?
There is a annual tourney held at Smallwood State Park. The fishing is overnight and open to standard tackle, approved live baits and artificial, Bowfishing and yes I am going to say it FLY FISHING...!!!!! Standard practice or Spey fishing....
I had a few guys we were going to put a boat team together with But, the Captain "boat owner" slotted in a family vacation in that time boat is going with them... Oi...!!!

So wondering if any fellows from the forums might be interested especially someone with a boat able to fish shallows and navigate backwater and areas of the Potomac...
I actually have two businesses that are willing to throw some sponsor money to cover gas, entry fee's and what not maybe I can hook a couple more. And will print up a few shirts for the team.... Team can be as large as the boat safely allows with gear, people and containers for the dead bodies.....
Top Prize Money Is $$$$1000.00
Anyone interested???

Oh also at the event their are sponsors from a local brewery, food and the likes...

Either message me or post here....

Attach file:

jpg  arapaima-fly-fishing1b.jpg (116.27 KB)
6286_517c049a49fb6.jpg 800X538 px

Posted on: 2013/4/27 13:02

Re: Those Danged Snakeheads
From Gettysburg
If you don't mind, I will move this thread to the Warm Water Forum where it will probably be seen by more folks actually interested in fishing.
Dave

Posted on: 2013/4/27 18:54

From Lancaster, Pa
Ok not a problem

Posted on: 2013/4/28 1:55

From Delaware Co.
I always wanted to fish for these beast with my fly rod but the only boat I own is my kayak . I was planning on heading out that way early summer to see if I could bring one to my dinner table as I hear they are great table fare .
Found this website to start my search

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/taxgroup/fish/ ... nakeheaddistribution.aspx

Posted on: 2013/4/28 3:02

Edited by Fredrick on 2013/4/28 3:38:08

From Johnstown, PA
Arapaima is not a Snakehead but they are a bad azz Amazon , If i can ask JV ........where did you fish for them? The Amazon? You can be our very own Jeremy Wade ............WAY TO GO!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/4/28 6:56

From Lancaster, Pa
LOL... That pic was grabbed from the net.. I just typed snakehead on flyrod and it came up with that.... I have yet to fish for them... But, have a older compound bow i want to rig up and willl soon be getting a 8wt rod suited for Bass/pike/snakehead....

Posted on: 2013/4/28 9:05

From Central Maryland
I live in Maryland and think this would be really fun to do. The only boat I have is a Bayliner 18 which isn't exactly a fishing boat haha, but I might have access to a 16 foot Boston Whaler or similar boat if I brought a friend. I have a lot of experience driving boats in the tidal Severn River near Annapolis, but I've only driven in the Potomac a handle of times.

There's still a chance that I might not be home for the Summer, but I probably will be, and I'll know in a couple days.

I'm not sure how big of a boat or team you were thinking of here, so let know what you think.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 16:51

From Lancaster, Pa
I am interested in anything... 16 ft is great we would just have to plan tackle.. I am game and of course your friend is welcome I think 4-5 ? on a 16footer is probably full ? plus gear what do you think?

Posted on: 2013/4/29 0:11

From Central Maryland
Yeah, I'd say 5 max for fishing in the 16 footer, but it might get a little crowded depending on the number of fly guys. As soon as I make sure I'll be on the east coast this summer, I'll start making some calls and try to hunt down a boat.

Do you know the water in that area at all? I have another friend that I fish for stripers with that has a boat that would be more comfortable for a group, but I'm not sure how crowded it's gonna get up there.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 20:43

From Lancaster, Pa
No I have not fished Md. at all But, I have been tracking all the snakehead fishing talk for the area and kind of marking points...

Posted on: 2013/5/1 9:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com