The summer bite is still on!

wgmiller

wgmiller

I have to admit that I haven't had any desire to fish for trout in several months now. Pursuits of smallmouth, carp, and muskies are on my brain. Having already seen a few muskies in the Susky, my blood is pumping for a chance at an Esox on the fly. In addition to the muskie chase, I've been picking up a new (to me) species on the fly, walleye. Hoping to plug along through this month into next on WW species and then perhaps I'll think about those fickle trout! Hope everyone is getting out there.

FSCN1152_zpsba849a02.jpg

DSCN1126_zps8935760f.jpg

I took a trip out to Montana and yellowstone last week and ALL I could think about was catching smallies on the Susky! I completely agree with you, the bite IS on! Nice walleye and smallie btw.

of course it's still on, september is about the best month for warm water fishing. it can still be on into the second week of october if the weather holds out. this is the time of the year to chase bronzebacks.

I pulled a nice Smallie out of Lake wallenpaupack last weekend. It won't let me post a picture, but it was around 16-17 inches.

On the next drift I hooked into a decent sized Carp.

Looks like the fish are moving into the shallow water again.

Nice Smallie and Walleye! I have to agree with you brother.. The Musky are calling.. BIG Musky putting the feed bag on, definitely get the blood pumping

Very nice images. The projected weather looks like it will help keep the bite rolling!

Wgmiller...Nice underwater walleye pic. BTW, do you practice C&R for walleye? I would have a very hard time throwing one of those back. Taste too good!

I do practice C & R, for all fish. I've heard walleye are good eating. This guy was around 12", a few inches short of 'legal' anyway.

Back