Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

The river has been a wash so whatcha doing?

From lancaster county
I've rolled a largemouth in the 7 lb range,3x's, in a public pond.
Today he leaped clean out of the water as he took my entire size 2 spun hair frog. Took me by suprise and I lost him in 5 seconds
It was the best part of my day really. The imagery, you should have seen it.
Saw a few other nice bass but I stuck out on those but caught 3 large carp.

I'm stalking that 7lber. I'll get him yet!

Life is good!

Posted on: 7/8 22:35

Re: The river has been a wash so whatcha doing?

From lancaster county
Tried for that fish again this morning.
Struck out and then fished Hex flies to bass and carp in the conestoga.

Trout who?

Posted on: 7/9 9:54

From Gettysburg
Cool story.

Good chance you will get another shot at this fish. Been a long time since we had a pic of a trophy fly rod LM on this site. Good luck!

Posted on: 7/9 19:14

From Philadelphia, PA
Will this do till we get a picture of something bigger?

Attach file:

jpg  bass1.jpg (111.64 KB)
9560_5b44049d254b6.jpg 548X411 px

Posted on: 7/9 20:58

From lancaster county
I'm gonna try Dave!

Still, the hex flies today....
I'll show you tomorrow it was amazing.

Posted on: 7/9 21:02

From Granville
Quote:

JerryC wrote:
Will this do till we get a picture of something bigger?

That's a pretty good one, Jerry.

Posted on: 7/9 22:18

From Williamsport, PA
This whole year with the wet weather had me exploring other options. During the spring I took advantage of several of the class A streams that I've never fished before. Some that I was laughing at being labeled class A pleasantly produced fish. I also have taken a couple of trips to various small lakes in my kayak. One produced lots of fish and a real nice bass. The other lake was a complete waste of time. I can't wait to hit up the river but this mud has to go! I don't mind higher water its the pure mud that's getting to me!

Posted on: 7/10 8:51

Looks like the Susky and Juniata are dropping fast and should be pretty clear in the next day or so. I'll give it a go Saturday.

Posted on: 7/11 9:57

From SE Pa
Nothing's really changed for me. I've been fishing the Delaware. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's just right and sometimes it's really low and clear like right now.

Posted on: 7/11 10:44

From Chester County
Quote:

poopdeck wrote:
Nothing's really changed for me. I've been fishing the Delaware. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's just right and sometimes it's really low and clear like right now.

The Delaware has been in pretty good shape. I know you live fairly close by and run a boat on it all time. Good for you....enjoy!

But, the rest of us are not poop!!...many of us live close to the Susky and the Juniata. And both rivers have been really high and dirty pretty much all season, which is tough for safe boating in a rocky river as well as making wading and fishing very difficult as well as dangerous.

The Susky at H-burg finally dipped below 4' today. Hopefully it will clear up soon as K-fish posted above. I'm ready to get out there, too!

Posted on: 7/11 11:10

From SE Pa
While high water is not often sought it is fairly easy to locate bass in high muddy water. They are inches from the bank and ready to eat whatever you toss at them.

When the Delaware gets low, like now, it's very difficult to see the subsurface rocks since there's not enough current to make the distinctive V pattern. I'll always take high and fast over low, slow and crystal clear. And I gotta say, having higher then normal water will be a gift from god for the summer months. I foresee plenty of happiness for the rest of summer for you folks. Keep the chin up, good times are coming.

Posted on: 7/12 1:28

Hit the river with Stimey on Saturday. How good was it? Not good. The water has FINALLY dropped and cleared. Expected a lot more than we ended up with. Lunchtime storms on Sunday went north of Harrisburg and we'll know in a day or two if it's jacked up the conditions...once again.

Posted on: 7/16 1:25

From lancaster county
Ya I didn't have much luck either this weekend on the big river.
Then again, family issues have me distracted and I was only half heartily into fishing....
It was likely both me and the river.

Posted on: 7/16 9:14

From Morgantown, PA
Fished the Swatara near Hershey after work on Friday and got my butt handed to me. A few Sunnies in back eddies was all I could manage. The Smallies did not seem to be in their Summer haunts yet, though that watershed hasn't really gotten down to a good Summer flow at all yet. Came close a couple times, but rains (including yesterday's) pushed it high again.

Fished Mill Creek (Conestoga trib) yesterday afternoon and did much better. Caught a bunch of dink Smalles, where you'd expect them to be for Summer...mid current, around rocks. Best one only went about 9", but it was fun to be catching some Bronze finally.

Posted on: 7/16 9:32

From Hershey
I had similar results on the Swatara. Fished below the dam and around the Hanover Street Bridge. Nothing, not even a bite. One guy fishing a spinner there said he caught a bunch of small ones. When I asked him the biggest he said his biggest was a rock bass so I assume if he caught any smallies they must have been real dinks. Now the water has majorly spiked again despite no help to my lawn as everything stayed north and east of Hershey. Not a good year for getting the kayak out locally.

Posted on: 7/16 9:42

Walk up the river to the cedar trees, follow the sun and catch a nice cool breeze

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Do You Have or Will You Obtain Multiple State Fishing License’s for 2018?
Yes 68% (64)
No 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/7/20 10:51
4 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com