Suski Reports???

3wt7X

3wt7X

I see the water levels are dropping into a wadable zone. Has anyone been out on the suski around Harrisburg? Any input would be appreciated, I’m just trying to figure out if the bass have turned on after the post spawn doldrums, no need to mention access points.

Not me (yet).

With the high water and colder temps we've seen lately, I would guess that the summer bite is not up to speed yet. Neverthless, if you can get out on the big river, epsecially if you access to a boat, it would be worth shot. The Juniata is starting to look tempting too.

Hopefully, we'll continue to see a downward trend in flows over the next month. We missed fishing the river last year and would hate to have a repeat.

I was on the Juniata near my house 2 days ago (Lewistown area) and nothing had settled in to the typical patterns I see this time of year. I didn't even see a smallmouth and only landed a rock bass or two. Usually this time of the year the fish Rockies and sunnies are stacked so thick in certain places that I can't keep them off but I couldn't get a fish to come to a Gurgler.

I was out on the river last Sunday morning around Wrightsville. I couldn't move a thing. I didn't see anyone else or any boats for that matter. I'm also not seeing and good reports or pictures on facebook either.

Was out Saturday afternoon on north branch caught 4 small fish and one decent spawned out female all on a clouser minnow. I caught a real nice channel cat on a Mays full motion crayfish which was a blast.

On Monday I tried lower Penn's creek and struck out which was pretty disappointing. I decided to go give the fibra dam a try and only caught two small fish on clousers there.

I never do real well after the spawn but I was itching to get out since river was in decent shape. Hopefully by end of month things will get better.

Thank you all for the replies, I figured it was early, but worth checking. Tight lines to all!!!

Back