Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Quote:

fly_flinger wrote:
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Quote:

fly_flinger wrote:
Finally put one in the boat yesterday. It's been since Labor Day last year since I landed one. This 42"er was the first fish on my buddy's new boat. Coincidentally, I christened his last boat with a 42" musky. Wish he would buy a new boat more often...

Nice what fly did you get it on ?

I was cheating and using live bait. Found a spot in Jersey that I could throw a cast net for juvenile snakeheads.

And here I was just telling some of my friends how well your presenation was, I mean I could just post a pic of your fly boxes I took from the meeting and you can pic the one out that assaulted the musky like in a police line up

HAHAHAHAHAHA- Good stuff man.

The fly is a happy little accident I made while trying to copy another pattern. It turned out nothing like what I was trying to copy but it has caught me a few muskies now. And smallies and a good walleye too. It's about 7" long and is mostly black bucktail, tied on a 3" shank with a few feathers for a tail. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. It's nothing special really and that's the good thing about muskies. I don't think they care so much what it looks like when they are hungry, they are going to eat whatever is in front of them.

Posted on: 4/25 13:54

Re: Success with Toothy Critters 2019

From Delaware Co.
You don't have to share the fly I have allot of my musky eater (aka snakehead) flies tucked away in a vault . Don't forget to hit me up for a trip also the guys want to have you back for some tying .

Quote:

fly_flinger wrote:
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Quote:

fly_flinger wrote:
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Quote:

fly_flinger wrote:
Finally put one in the boat yesterday. It's been since Labor Day last year since I landed one. This 42"er was the first fish on my buddy's new boat. Coincidentally, I christened his last boat with a 42" musky. Wish he would buy a new boat more often...

Nice what fly did you get it on ?

I was cheating and using live bait. Found a spot in Jersey that I could throw a cast net for juvenile snakeheads.

And here I was just telling some of my friends how well your presenation was, I mean I could just post a pic of your fly boxes I took from the meeting and you can pic the one out that assaulted the musky like in a police line up

HAHAHAHAHAHA- Good stuff man.

The fly is a happy little accident I made while trying to copy another pattern. It turned out nothing like what I was trying to copy but it has caught me a few muskies now. And smallies and a good walleye too. It's about 7" long and is mostly black bucktail, tied on a 3" shank with a few feathers for a tail. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. It's nothing special really and that's the good thing about muskies. I don't think they care so much what it looks like when they are hungry, they are going to eat whatever is in front of them.

Posted on: 4/25 19:44

Doubled up on Saturday.

Attach file:

jpg  M7.jpg (64.97 KB)
293_5cdc406fe80d5.jpg 482X300 px

jpg  M8.jpg (61.12 KB)
293_5cdc4078f3978.jpg 400X294 px

jpg  M9.jpg (83.46 KB)
293_5cdc408782b6e.jpg 300X400 px

Posted on: 5/15 12:38

From Schwenksville
Nice work D-nymph. Were both on that slider pattern?

Posted on: 5/15 15:30

No, two different flies. Bigger fish on the slider, which is Dally's Tiny Dancer (Arkansas trout fly) that I upsized for pike/musky. This was it's first outing. Smaller fish was a walleye color Buford.

Posted on: 5/15 16:01

From Somerset P.A.
Been awhile since I was on this site. Was just starting to chase pike and musky back then. Still haven’t landed a ski but doing pretty decent on pike. Also started tying my own streamers.

Posted on: 5/24 6:49

From Northern VA
Two nice pickerel from a tidal Potomac tributary yesterday. My first paddleboard outing of the year.

Fredrick, I had a shot at an enormous snakehead. Cast was a few inches behind the fish, I tried to quick drag the fly in front but I just hooked it in the top of the head The hook pulled after a few seconds. Honestly believe the fish was 36" or larger.

Attach file:

jpg  pickerel1.JPG (46.71 KB)
7984_5d07b86a8efbd.jpg 398X639 px

jpg  pickerel2.JPG (33.86 KB)
7984_5d07b872ba1ee.jpg 400X586 px

Posted on: 6/17 11:59

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

sarce wrote:
Two nice pickerel from a tidal Potomac tributary yesterday. My first paddleboard outing of the year.

Fredrick, I had a shot at an enormous snakehead. Cast was a few inches behind the fish, I tried to quick drag the fly in front but I just hooked it in the top of the head The hook pulled after a few seconds. Honestly believe the fish was 36" or larger.

Nice toothy , that stinks those big ones don't come out of hiding often . I had two hookups on 10 pounders this year but bad hooksets cot me the fish .

Posted on: 6/17 12:35

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>

Copyright 2019 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com